Topic: Laser zaps bile duct cancer

http://www.ksat.com/news/Laser-zaps-bil … index.html

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Laser zaps bile duct cancer

Marion, this was the easiest read I have seen on PDT and CC. And I learned how to spell Billie Ruben now! Great post.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi,
It is very informative and easy to understand for extrahepatic CCA patients.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Ha, ha...Lainy.  Journalists really have to do their homework, don't they?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

5 (edited by marions Tue, 29 May 2012 12:20:35)

Percy...thanks for clarifying the issue of extrahepatic only. The other interesting point this article makes, is the insurance companie's refusal of payment.  Interestingly enough; it is covered under Medicare and yet it takes an  independent committee from the state to review and force payment. 

I also disagree with the rate of occurrence.  I believe that it is much higher than 3 thousand cases, annually, in the US.

Interesting article, thanx for sharing.

Hey Lainy,
Is Billie Reuben a new sandwich with sauerkraut?

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Good one Randi. Got to love the Ruben but NOT with all the processed meat they use today. We have 1 decent Deli here and they don't even use real brisket! Shame on them! LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Interesting article. Thank you for posting.
Marion: I agree with you. I think this is, unfortunately, a cancer who's occurrence is becoming much too common. I believe 3,000 was probably a good number for last year.
And Randi: Good one! I haven't eaten deli sandwiches except for BLT's, in years!! But maybe some deli should give Ruben a cousin??

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I learned many things through the post above. Thank you! But as far as I understood, there is not a safe chance of healing a certain percentage of patients yet, right? I know that researchers are working very hard on making the chemotherapy, radiation and surgery as effective as possible but  I have not yet heard about cure really...

Jon...if not a cure - then a remission. 
Hugs,
Marion