Topic: Plasma IL-6, elevated risk facor for development of bile duct cancer

Interesting development: 
This makes me wonder:

Those infected with Opisthorchis viverrini?  Is it a different cancer after all?

http://www.plosntds.org/article/info%3A … td.0001654

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Plasma IL-6, elevated risk facor for development of bile duct cancer

Here's a short article about this study, written in plain English:

Researchers discover biomarker for advanced bile duct fibrosis and bile duct cancer
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-05-b … rosis.html

We discussed IL-6 testing before; here's the link
http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=7336

P.S. Marion, I will try to get back to your question when I have a bit more time.

eli...thanks much. I would love to hear your comments whenever time allows.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Is Opisthorchis viverrini the same as liver fluke?

"The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." [Henri Nouwen]

Deb...it is a parasite and yes, it is the same as liver fluke which infects the bile ducts. 
Hugs,
Marion

Thanks Marion,

x

"The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." [Henri Nouwen]

You are welcome, Deb.  BTW I just love reading your blog.
Hugs,
Marion

Thanks for this Marion.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.