Topic: I will be in Prescott AZ for 2 Days=A Wonderful Story

My 4 Grandchildren in Phoenix come from 2 rich cultures, I call them the 2 big J's. Jewish and Japanese! While they spent every holiday at our house, their father did not want them to be "totally" Jewish. Mom and Dad were divorced 12 years ago. Every summer for 10 years now, Lexy who is 20, attended Camp Pearlstein and again this year as Director of all the Counselors. She called Robin (my daughter) 2 weeks ago and dropped the fabulous news that she decided to be Bat Mitvah at Camp. This is the religious rite of passing into Jewish adulthood, usually at age 13. One of the most important Jewish life events to be had. Tomorrow is the big day at Sabbath Services. She has been tutored in Hebrew for the past 2 months and the reading she has from the Torah is the same one her Mother had 37 years ago!  Just wanted to share, hope you don't mind. Robin and I are each taking a box of Kleenex! Happy, happy tears and I know Papa (Teddy) will be there too. Perhaps younger brother, Brandon will follow her lead next year. Just when you think you are really getting older, and perhaps not feeling so well, the best RX in the world happens! It's called Grandchildren.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: I will be in Prescott AZ for 2 Days=A Wonderful Story

That is just fabulous news Lainy.  I got the chills. You must be so proud. If you take pictures, send them to me via email, I'd love to share your joy.

I've actually be contemplating becoming a Bat Mitzah at age 56 smile  It is so inspiring. 

Mazel Tov to you and your family!!
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, I organized a Bat Mitzvah group at our Temple here 7 years ago and the 12 of us were all around 65. It was beautiful and it's NEVER too late.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

And why on earth would we mind you sharing this with us all??? Go and have a great time, I know you and Robin will be so proud of Lexy!! But, somehow I think that just the single box of Kleenex may not be enough for you both!! Take a back up box just in case!!! Have a great time!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin, LOL, just talked to Robin and she said we each need a roll of Bounty! Leaving in an hour.

LOL Lainy! That Bounty is thick and absorbant and should do the trick! But, best that you get a 4 pack of it.....2 this year for you and Robin with Lexy, and 2 next year for you and Robin with Brandon!!!  smile

Have a safe trip and a great time, and we'll have a blether when you get home!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Congratulations to all of you. Have a great time. Your grandchildren sound lovely.

Hugs and love,

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi, Lainy,

Have a great time , I am sure  Teddy will agree with you that "the grandkids" are the best Rx.
I will wait for your happy message when you return.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.