Topic: Paxil

Anyone taking paxil for anxiety?  with recent admission to the hospital, the hospital doc started my mom on zyprexa, but due to side effects: nightmares, etc... she cannot take. She's so sensitive to medications, I'm just wondering what others have tried and what has worked.  Thanks.

Anna

Re: Paxil

Dear PAKOO1!  My husband was given Ativan and for him it worked well. Wishing your Mom well and that she finds something that works.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi,
Zyprexa (olanzapine) is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in general, and not for anti-anxiety.
check with your doctor to see why Zyprexa was prescribed.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

I haven't taken Paxil.  The problem with antidepressants is they take so long to work.  I did request a psych evaluation during one long hospital stay due to extreme anxiety.  The doc was able to give me an injection (cant remember what it was- but it was non-narcotic) to calm me down.  It really helped. 

Betsy  xxoo

My Mom was given a small dose of Xanex for anxiety.

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

I called my doc a few months ago because I couldn't take the anxiety and stress anymore. She prescribed Paxil and Xanax. I took 1 Paxil and hallucinated so badly that I won't touch it again. I do take the xanax, but only as much as I need. I can take 4 a day (0.25 mg) but I only take 1 or 2 a day, depending on my anxiety level.
I tried ativan, but all it did for me was make me cry.
Good luck.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I take Ativan and it takes the edge off of my anxiety. Tried Xanax and had nightmares and other bad side effects.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think my mom has both depression and anxiety.  Anxiety seems to be worse at night. On occasions, she stays up all night. It's terrible.

Anna