Topic: Absolutely love this photo!!

And just thought I'd share it here. Mo Farah doing the "Lighteningbolt" and Usain Bolt doing the "Mobot" Love it!!

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 … odium?lite

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Absolutely love this photo!!

Love it! You should see my lightening moves when I am changing chairs, yes in front of the TV.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ha!! Love it Momma! I bet that your lightening moves in front of the TV are great! And now you can practice your "Mobot" moves too so that you've perfected them for Rio in 4 years time!!

I'm guessing that that swimmer guy from the US got you out of your chair a few times. Whats his name again.........I forget.........oh thats right......Michael Phelps!!! wink What a legend he is, just the 19 golds in his career, not too shabby! Loved watching him swim, even though I'm not really a big swim fan!

Mo Farah, what a story he is. Came to the UK from Somalia when he was 8 years old, couldn't speak a word of English and look what he's done. Only the 7th person in history to win both the 5 and 10000m in a single games, superb!

Closing ceremony on now, hope it's as good as the opening one! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Sure rub it in that you get to see the events live!!  Here in the US, NBC has decided that we should see them in the evening instead of live...ridiculous if you ask me!

I got the chills when I saw that pic. I just love athletes that work hard and get deserved results.  Not to cocky, just proud and happy.  Usain Bolt actually stopped an interview when the US anthem was playing out of respect. I thought that was incredibly respectful.

As far as Michael Phelps go, I would like to introduce him to my daughter, but alas, I don't think they run in the same circles.

-R

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Apologies Randi!! Can't understand why on earth NBC would do that!!! Here in the UK, we have always had the events live, no matter where in the world they took place. We'd get events live in the middle of the night if they took place on the other side of the world, Sydney 2000 etc followed by the highlights at night again as a repeat. My apologies to you and I agree, ridiculous indeed!

I loved that pic too as to me it's about respect. I saw that live when Bolt stopped and showed his respect. He was being interviewed live on the BBC here in the UK and he stopped the interview to turn around when the anthem was being played to face the podium. Then when the anthem finished, he turned back around to continue the interview, respect indeed!

Now onto the Paralympics here!!!

smile

Gavin
Brillant photo
2 of the real stars of the Olympics (not forgetting Andy Murray)
The games were brilliant.
Role on Rio.

Gerry

Love the picture, Gavin. So sad it is coming to an end. I am sitting here watching the closing ceremonies. Boohoo!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

We always get complete live coverage and it is often a different time zone,loved the photo,Gavin....so cool

Glad that you all liked the pic too. It seems strange tonight that it's all over and the tv schedule is back to normal now..... But hey ho, roll on the paralympics then off to Rio we go after that!! And in between that, we have the commonwealth games in Glasgow in 2014. Come on Scotland!!! Although I'm not sure what they will all make of Glasgow!! wink

Gavin