Topic: Surgery tomorrow

Well, my resection is scheduled for tomorrow, and I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight.  I have to get up at 3:30 to shower with the hipiclens and then we have to leave here at 4:15 to make it to Boston for 6:30.  I haven't slept well in a few days thinking about it.  Honestly, I am not nervous about the surgery.  I am nervous that they will change their minds after the laproscopic look, which is what happened in April.  I just SO want this surgery.  I want the cancer out of me.  I keep telling myself that this time, it will happen.  Now I just have to believe myself!

Re: Surgery tomorrow

praying for you now!!

Wishing you all the best. Let us know how everything goes!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear Joteach, I am saying prayers for God to come through the surgeon's hands and for good news to follow.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Joeteach....a tidal wave of good wishes is heading your way.  If I could do so, I would hold my breath, but know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow.   I wish, I wish, I wish for your wish to come true. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Prayers being sent for a successful surgery!!! Keep us posted.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

wishing you to be cancer free!

Hi Jo,

I hope that your surgery goes well for you and please let us know how it goes. Tons and tons of positive thoughts coming your way!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

hope surgery went well.  can't wait to hear good news and wishing you a speedy recovery

All the best of luck. Hope surgery goes well and wish u a speedy recovery, I will offer up prayers for you.

Adam

Best of luck to you!  Praying for you, your family and your surgeons!

Wishing you the best, hope they 'proceed' this time!!!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Well, unfortunately I am home already.  They could not do the resection.  When they went in with the laproscope, they did see that the tumor had shrunk enough for the resection, but they also saw lots of little lesions all over my liver.  Apparently they are too small to show up on the CAT scans.  So, they didn't proceed.
I am heartbroken, and can't understand how this happened.  I am meeting with the team on the 14th, after I heal up a little more.  I think they said radiation is out of the question for now, because they can't see the lesions on the scans.  It looks like back to chemotherapy.
I asked my doctor for a referral to a shrink.  I need someone to scream at.  I just really thought this time it was all going to be good.

Dearest Joteach, I am so very sorry about the aborted surgery BUT you still have options, not what you hoped for and perhaps they can be taken care of with the Chemo. The imnportant thing is to heal now and hopefully you will have answers on the 14th. I think a "shrink" is good to get you over this rough spot, I can only imagine what you are feeling right now. Sending you huge cyber hugs {},{}!You never know how strong you are until "strong" is the only choice you have!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

hi joteach, we're disappointed with you but this CC can be a very rough ride. (my husband has it.) i got a lot of encouragement from laura york's case--she had a grim dx (and surgery wasn't an option) but is now doing GREAT. http://thecancerassassin.blogspot.com/
you're in my prayers,
betzeegirl

I am just heartbroken about you, Joteach. That must have been the most devastating thing to go through not one, but two times. I don't understand why in 2012, they do not have scans that can see everything inside the body. I hope seeing a professional will help you to deal with things. I know after you come to terms with your disappointment, you will continue the fight. CC patients are the bravest people I know.

Hugs and prayers, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I am so sorry to hear about your aborted surgery. I almost know how you feel, as they cancelled my resection 4 days before I was supposed to have it. It is the most depressing news... just try to stay strong and remember: the longer you stay alive the closer you are to someone finding a cure.
I know that doesn't help right now, but know my prayers are with you for a new protocol that proves successful.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

18 (edited by marions Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:39:46)

joteach...So sorry to hear the news.  Technology has come far, but for us it has a long way to go yet.  These darn cancer cells like to seed and avoid detection of anything more than 1 cm in size.  (Scan plate thickness.) Therefore, the true extent of the disease can only be determined via the surgeon's eyes.  Unfortunately, we see this quite often on this site. 
Joe, this is a time to let it all out in order to regain your physical strengths and your emotional equilibrium.  And, then dear Joe, reach for the boxing gloves. You have a great team of physicians looking out for you and you can count on us.  We are together on this roller coaster. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thinking of you and praying you wake up free xxx

.... because I can ....

So sorry to hear they couldn't do the surgery.  Keep us posted on your treatment plan.  I think talking to someone is a great idea.  It's so stressful to deal with this disease.

take care,

Susie

I am very sorry that they could not proceed with the surgery. This is heartbreaking news, made all the more difficult by the fact that there is just no warning of this outcome in advance of the surgery. All of us fighting this cancer have had setbacks that at the time can seem insurmountable. Key to moving forward seems to be allowing ourselves to express our initial feelings of anger and frustration. In the end, though, we each seem to find renewed strength and determination to continue the fight. We will all continue to lift you up with our thoughts and prayers, and I know you will find that strength too.

Mark

I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Prayers for you, so sorry you have to go though this.

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider