Topic: meeting with surgeon again
I woke up today all nervous about finding out the results of yesterday's CT scan. Checked my email before I left and there's an email from MSKCC. Wondering if it was another bill, I timidly opened it, and saw that I had a new appt. acheduled. So I clicked, and there is an appt. set up with Dr. Fong!! I was so excited! That meant, to me, that the scan was good!! Right???
So I wait the whole way in to NYC and then 2 hours past my appt. time to see Dr. Kemeny. She confirmed the scan was mostly good. The tumor is about the same size but shows some necrosis. The GREAT news is that the nodes are about 1/2 the size of pre-radiation, with lots of signs of necrosis!!
I told her I assumed it was good news when I saw the appt. for Dr. F. She said she would not recommend surgery yet She wants to wait to see how the radiation continues to affect the areas. The concern I have is the tumor didn't respond that well to the radiation. Maybe I should talk to her about going back on Xeloda? It responded to that, and if the nodes are shrinking, maybe a double blast will do good. Something I need to think about. Getting that tumor back down is a must...
But the news was good, so since I don't get to post here often, I'm grabbing the excuse!!!
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.