Re: CT and PET scan results!!!!!

I met with my radiologic onc today and he said he could not have asked for a better outcome. He explained about the PET scan. There were no numbers, just "mild uptake". He said every active cell has mild uptake: from brain, stomach, etc.... so the cancer cells are not much more active than "normal" cells right now. So that's a "YAY"!!! He agrees that I am not a candidate for surgery.
He also said that the cells will "wake up" one day and either start growing or spreading. But it's unknown when. 6 months? 2 years? Only God knows that one. So we will start treating this as a chronic illness. One that I will live with. And one that we will watch closely.
I need to start looking for a job since nothing is going on until Feb., March, later or earlier... love this part of my life!! But I'm going to plan for nothing happening and me being able to work...
On a down note, Tom and I split up. It's only been 4.5 months, but it seemed like longer. He was very supportive but he has issues I can't help him with and lately he was trying to decide if he wanted to work on having a relationship. And with his issues I was having my own problems with the relationship. So that's it. Quick and hopefully with all this good news lately a lot less painless. Still hard not to text him the good news this morning tho. He was a very important part of my life for a short time.
Other good news: COBRA extension was approved. So now I can breathe another sigh of relief! I don't have to worry about how to cover my medical bills!! YAY!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Yea, Kris, I would call this  a good news day! No relationship that requires so much mental work is meant to be! It should just flow. There will be someone else. Not sure if you read what Teddy said a week ago through the Medium but he is sending me someone. Don't know when but if he does good, I will tell him to send you someone too! I am most happy that you sound more relaxed now. Yea, again!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris, Maria put into words such profound insight. Sure, the goal has changed and you have every reason and right to feel scared and disappointed. Maria's comments are SO right on the money as to how we can cope by thinking a different way about definitions of disease and health. Hope it does bring peace you.
  Willow

Willow

Lainy:
I did not see that post. But that's great! I'll wait to hear about the new guy when he shows up!! smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris.....what a way to end the year and welcome the new (including a new boyfriend!)  This is fantastic news.  Good luck with the job search, but then you are on a roll and I expect for this to turn out well too.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER