Re: Newly Diagnosed

Jane...just wanted to mention that we also have a blog section to which you can add the Caring Bridge site. Only if you are so interested in doing so of course. 

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Newly Diagnosed

Hi Jayne, I thank you for your kind words. What type of CC does your husband have? My husbands is Intreheptic. I understand from this website that he may not show any symptoms like the jaundice with this type of CC. Not sure this is helpful to you but there may be a clinical trial starting in a few months at Mass General- Dr Zhu. Sloan may have one starting. We are waiting to hear back from both centers. There is something called a K-ras mutation and if he has this he may be a candidate for the Sloan trial. Have you heard of this or Cell Path? They suggested that as well, from what I understand (not covered by insurance) it is a blood test that they put in 10-15 petri dishes with that many different combinations of chemo to see what your personal blood responds to. Has anyone suggested this or what the next step is for your husband. We will find out the cancer markers on Tuesday (whether he is responding to Xeloda). CT scan will be after he completes 3rd round of pills. Trying to stay positive, Susan