Topic: Asbestos: a hidden player behind the cholangiocarcinoma increase? Find

Asbestos: a hidden player behind the cholangiocarcinoma increase? Findings from a case–control analysis.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.100 … 013-0167-3

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Asbestos: a hidden player behind the cholangiocarcinoma increase? Find

Gavin, this is something we could do on this site by asking our members to report prior asbestos exposure. The study presented is rather small and inconclusive at best howeer; we could do our own follow-up, as our patient community by far succeeds the 145 people analyzed retrospectively.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yes Marion that would be a great idea. How would we go about it though? And I guess that if we did do this then we could get Helen and all of her AMMF members to participate as well? Just a thought but I am sure that Helen would like to particpate as well.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

It would be so helpful to me to know how many members have had asbestos exposure.  I am getting ready to file my husband's claim with the VA.  He definitely was exposed to at least 2 species of liver flukes that cause this cancer.  BUT his military medical record documents all of the asbestos exposure he had while serving on Navy ships - lots of it.  So I am going to cite both the liver fluke and asbestos.