Re: Lauren's Surgery News

English muffins are the easiest things to make.  You just have to have a little time because they have to rest and rise for a total of about an hour.  But actually making the dough is easy peasy!  And it made 18 of 'em!

Sounds like you have a lot of sweet memories!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Well this is one post that sure makes a pregnant lady hungry!! Pam, my favourite recipe website in the world is skinnytaste.com. Delicious and healthy homemade recipes that list the calories, fat and everyrhig else. Some very decadent recipes that have been modified to make them healthier.

On a much more important note, I am beyond thrilled to hear the news.... I'll continue praying for Lauren and have faith the surgeries will be a complete success!

This is my last day of a two week California vacation, so excuse me while I go make myself a snack (and NOT of the fruit variety)!!!

Thinking of you all!!

Jen

Jen, so good to see your smiling face and it sounds like you are doing quite well. Kisses to the little big Sister to be and stay well, we love hearing from you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jen,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the website. I will check it out. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes too. You go have that big snack and I wish you all the best with the new baby.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanx for the reminder about that site Jen!  I made the turkey taco wraps (I used tortillas not lettuce) http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/turk … 3-pts.html and they were absolutely delicious!

Another site that I like for recipes of the lighter kind is cookinglight.com and eatingwell.com.  I could go on and on about recipes etc.

One other site that I used while I was doing chemo was this one: http://www.cancerrd.com/  They had a great smoothie recipe that I made everyday I had chemo.

Ok, now I have to have something to eat!!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Don't forget "Fighting Cancer One Bite At A Time" and Kris Carr's website...all have delicious recipe...the first one has for every stage..pre-chemo, during chemo and rebuilding.  It's fabulous....