Topic: American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network today on Capitol Hill

is pressing hard for increased funding for cancer research:

I quote:

When it comes to fighting cancer, it’s a team effort. That’s true in the doctor’s office and on Capitol Hill.

Today, we’re joining with more than 150 organizations at a rally in Washington, DC to promote the importance of funding medical research.

The National Institutes of Health, the government agency that oversees federally funded medical research, has played a role in nearly every major cancer breakthrough in the last 30 years. Yet, its budget is being cut this year.

Ask Congress to make funding cancer and medical research a national priority, and to restore the funding that has been cut.

Working together - with our partners in Washington and our volunteers across the nation - we must continue the vigorous pursuit of future breakthroughs in science, health and medicine that are supported through the National Institutes of Health (NIH). That begins with strong support from Congress.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network today on Capitol Hill

Thanks for that Marion!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.