Topic: A lovely day

After a long, cold Chicago winter, today was sunny and pleasant.  My husband and I took a long walk at the arboretum, enjoying the weather and the early spring flowers.  When his cancer returned last fall, I wondered whether we would ever take a walk like this again.  His chemo was very hard on him but the doctor has made some changes in his regimen and he feels much better now.  The constant diarrhea is gone, his energy is better and he is even growing some hair.  He has a scan scheduled for next week and we have no idea what the future will bring. The only good thing I can think of about cancer is that it really does make one appreciate beautiful days like today.

Re: A lovely day

Hi Linda,

I'm glad you and your hubby got to get out and enjoy the nice weather. It feels so good to have the warm sun on your face. I know what you mean when you say you learn to enjoy the little things in life when faced with cancer. So true. Hoping for more sunny days for you and your dear husband.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Linda and Pam, I couldn't agree more with your statements about cancer and how it teaches us to cherish those things in life we take for granted.  Enjoy the beginning of another, beautiful season.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Linda, what a lovely and uplifting post and I hope there are many more walks to come. Much good luck on the scan for next week! Looking forward to more good news!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.