Topic: Deceased Listing

This will probably sound bizarre, but is there any way to let us know when a person is deceased.  May times when I am reading/researching on this site I get a shock to realize that person is no longer with us.  I was thinking in the Name listing area where it indicates when the person registered, where they live, number of posts that is on the left hand side of the dicussion page.  Just a thought.
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Re: Deceased Listing

Not bizarre! I was thinking the same thing. Its reality and sometimes reality, well you know the rest.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3 (edited by marions Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:28:56)

I agree with both of you.   Let's see what Stacie and Rick can do about this.
M

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

4 (edited by JeffG Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:21:37)

Hi Guys,  The only thing that would hamper this from happening is, some individuals do not let as know or return to the site.  Many do and are still participating members ,which I think is so great.  Personally it gives me comfort knowing they are still remaining members and providing such sensitive but so important information for those of us looking for a specific answer.  Like Marion said we'll see what Rick and Stacies have to say.  Also It takes man hours to update and post or transfer from one forum to another.  It also takes manhours to update the photos as well.
Bless All!  Also, I almost forgot, if you click on "In Rememberance" itself, it will bring up all who chose to post thier deceased loved ones and some actually provide a link or clip of thier memorial services as well.  P.S.  This is what the rememberance section was designed to do, is allow members to post the lost of loved ones.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

It also might be nice (hey I love to make work for people) if we knew by name who was a carer, who was a patient. Sorry Rick and Stacie......

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hello All,
I would urge you  to look at the ASCO Grassroot Action Center website. It is a branch of the American Society of Clinical Oncology which I joined as a health care provider a while back. Lots of good info. Also the ASCO website is one many may already be familiar with. I get their newsletter which contains all the latest info on cancer research, legislation, treatment etc.