Re: Treatment Centers/Physicians

Dear Barry, your help is graciously accepted. No thanks here is needed as I assure my reasons are perfectly selfish and that is it all makes me feel so good. Your attitude will get you far and we fully accept any help you are able to give us.

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING

Please be so kind and share your treating physicians names with us.  It's greatly appreciated.  This thread has been viewed in excess of 90 thousand times.  Clearly it fills an enormous need.

Many thanks,

Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

On December 19, 2014 I had a successful liver transplant (living liver donor) for intrahepatic cholangio.  I was treated and continue my follow up care at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and I can't say enough about these amazing doctors. 

Dr. Gregory Gores - Hepatologist
Dr. Steven Alberts - Oncologist
Dr. Charles Rosen and Dr. Julie Heimbach - Transplant surgeon

I did 6+ months of adjuvant chemotherapy at Johns Hopkins here in Maryland where I live, but followed a Mayo Clinic protocol of gem/cis and really consider my main doctors those on my "team" in Minnesota.  I am just over two years cancer free and I truly believe the Mayo Clinic is responsible for this survivorship!

Thought to revive this thread once more.  Your information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER