Topic: 3 years since diagnosis

I was diagnosed with a 5 cm intrahepatic tumor (ICC) Jan 2014. Since then, I have had :

1.   Feb 28th 2014, Resection clean 2.2 cm margins, no mets
2.   Post surgery 6 rounds gem-cis
3.   Dec 2015 Recurrence with surgery to remove new, 2.2 cm tumor along original resection line
4.   July 2016 Recurrence with radio-frequency ablation to destroy 1.5 cm tumor. 
5.   November 2016, diagnosed with MDS...a result of the Gem-Cis chemo   .  Currently, median survival of MDS I have is 1-2 years. 

The good news......scans today were clear....no evidence of ICC recurrence.

Julie

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences.    As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Re: 3 years since diagnosis

Julie.....SO THRILLED TO SEE YOU POST HERE.  CONGRATULATIONS. 

Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Ok-  you got this CC under control (yeah!!!!!),  next the MDS.  Easy peasy.

Love and hugs,
Catherine

Not a medical Professional-  just someone who got caught up in this lousy disease.

Thanks Marion.   I decided that it was time to post as a "survivor" of ICC.    Even though the MDS has me in its grips right now, it doesn't diminish the three years since my ICC diagnosis.   

Catherine, yes, one thing at a time.....at least that was my hope and prayerss.   Withouut the ICC to deal with, I can concentrate on what I need to do for the MDS and hope for a remission for now........and in the meantime maybe some new treatment will come along.   

Julie

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences.    As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

To My Sister from another Mother. WOWSER!!! I am doing cartwheels, clean scans all the way. You are one courageous, smart and fabulous woman. I have a feeling that MDS does not know what it is up against with a fighter like you. Don't freeze in Iowa and we will try to stay warm in SLC .

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Julie, you have fought an incredible battle, had numerous setbacks and you got back up and kept going,you too are a cc miracle, and winning that fight has beat up your poor body. Just keep getting back up and keep being a winner. You are a champion of this board, I hope you have the strength to fight on as you have, god bless, Pat

Senescence is a beautiful thing....