Topic: Prelims back from my latest scan

I had an MRI on Wednesday and the preliminary report is that no reoccurance has been detected. So I am now 21 months post resection and no evidence that it has come back.  The best news is that I can now go back to the US for a couple of months. I havent been home and healthy in years.  I am going to try and get out of Sweden next week and suprise my mother on her birthday.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: Prelims back from my latest scan

Kris,
Absolutely the best news...congratulations.  Always like to read good news.  Your mother will be so thrilled for so many reasons.
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

That is absolutely dynomite!!!   Just what we like to hear. Have a wonderful trip and so deserved.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Super Kris,  Enjoy the Carolina's !
Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Great news Kris. I think I read you were from South Carolina. Just curious what part. I lived in Greenwood for 10 years. My parents now live in Simpsonville.

Glad to hear your good news Kris. Have a great trip.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

That is fantastic Kris!  Enjoy your family time and the change of seasons in S.C.  You deserve it!!

Carol

Such great news Kris...wonderful!!!!  Have a special trip home.  What an amazing surprise for your mom's birthday!

Jean

Great news, Kris! Have a great trip - you deserve it!!!
-Joyce M

I am so very happy for you!  Enjoy your visit.
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Hi Kris,
So happy to know there is so much hope on my horizon.  I sure hope you make it back to South Carolina.  My family is in Easley.  I believe you have had some contact with my sister, Snoopy (Terri).  It's beautiful here right now.   It was 52 deg f. this morning and will be 82 deg f. during the day.   Should be in the 70 deg range during the day by the time you make it to SC.  Keep going!

- Suzanne

Have a great time Kris. Your parents will be ecstatic to have you home for awhile! I know. My two sons keep leaving on extended "trips" and we are always so happy to get them home for awhile-just wish it could be at the same time!! Enjoy yourself and rest and relax!! Take care, Mary

Thanks everyone. I have my ticket picked out, sitting on the webpage and waiting for my husband to get up and pay for it (I dont have a Swedish credit card). I am so excited. My parents and I had a little "tiff" last night because I couldnt say when I was coming home and my mom was very upset I hadnt looked at tickets yet. Hehehehe. Now the plan is to get this gas under control before I get on the plane as a courtesy to the person next to me.

Dldct,
I lived in Greenwood for 8 years and my parents still live there, but  I think  I will spend most of my time in Columbia with my sister. I have signed up to be  a substitute teacher to earn a little extra money. I am sure I will have many stories since the high school has several active and competing gangs.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!

--The "other" Kristin (yes, I got called KRIS-TIN LI-SA when I was in big big trouble as a kid!!)

Peace, hope, and healing to all!