1 (edited by Lisa Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:09:57)

Topic: Cholangiocarcinoma convention?

Ok, after Lainy's outstanding work in gathering our letters, I had a brainstorm and thought how wonderful it would be to get together in real life and meet and share our experiences. 

This is a way out idea, of course, and some of us may not be able to travel far, but wouldn't it be nice to meet somewhere centrally located, like Chicago?  Maybe if Oprah deigns to have a show based on our letters, that would really spur things along, eh?

Just a thought!  Maybe next year?

Re: Cholangiocarcinoma convention?

Lisa....great idea and something of that sort has been discussed.  Wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful to connect in this way?  I will be there, wherever it could be made possible for us.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I am packed!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

A convention sounds wonderful and since I am in Chicago you could definitely count me IN but travel may pose an issue, both in terms of health and financially, for many and putting on an event like that is a daunting task so maybe we should take baby steps.

Many larger organizations form regional chapters, maybe we should think about doing something like that, even if it's only loosely organized in that fashion. The chapters can meet and then maybe down the line we can organize a big ole' shindig.

Patty

Patty, excellent idea.  Like East, West and Heart of America. I am all for it!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sounds great! Regional, National whatever. I'm in!  Even some day International???? I know that is overly enthusiastic & unrealistic, but maybe some day. Atleast with the internet & this site, we can reach out International, so that's a good start.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I think it's an excellent idea as well. Perhaps we could organise one in the U.K. as well. I would certainly help to get it organised.
               Pauline