Topic: Always Some Hitch!

Teddy was supposed to go in tomorrow for his surgery to put a stent in the ureter and would you believe at Noon today he got the chills so bad he could not stand up. I took his temp and it was normal. 10 minutes later it was 103.4. I called for an ambulance and when he got to the hospital it was 104.7. He is fine  now and they are keeping him for a couple nights and the Urologst will try to do the surgery. It was a kidney infection. They said because his body is working so hard to fight the cancer this is why other things hit so hard. Good night, I am exhausted and have to be there early tomorrow. Just wanted to update. I was told that when someone runs a fever that high to pop the tylenol and put ice bags under their arms. Had never heard that before.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Always Some Hitch!

Lainy
I hope Teddy recovers quickly from this and starts feeling better again soon.  Sound like it's good you got him in quickly...104.7!!

Thinking of you both and sending healing thoughts to Teddy.

Jean

Oh my gosh - 104.7! I hope everything stays calm and that the Doctor is able to get the stent in soon.  I'll be thinking of him.

Joyce C

Lainy...sending love, prayers and hugs to you and Teddy. 

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Hi Lainy,

I too will be thinking about you & Teddy & hoping things are going well today.  You will be in my thoughts & prayers along with hugs for both of you.

Love,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Laini....hoping to hear for the antibiotics to do it's job and Teddy will have his procedure real soon.  Hugs to both of you.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Lainy and Teddy,  Thinking and hoping all goes well.  I never heard of the ice under the arms, but it chills me just thinking about it.  Look forward to your more positive posts.

Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Lainy and Teddy, I hope today is better, and Teddy is feeling better, temp is down and able to procede with the stents.  Thank you for the tip on high temperature. 

My prayers for you and Teddy,
Sophie

Wow Lainy, I am glad you got him to the hospital quick. I hope he recovers so he can have that surgery.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hey Lainy,  Lee and I will be praying that all goes well and just know that we are literally a hop, skip and jump away! All our best,

Lee and Heather

P.S. When things settle down let us know.  I'm lookin forward to our tea party!

Oh, thank you all for your kind messages. I am so tired but I just knew they would be there when I got home and perk me up. The surgery was a success! The tube from the back and the drainage bag are GONE! But he did run a 104 fever again this afternoon so I am sure he cannot come home until that and the catheter are out. He did quite well. As usual he is weird! The nurses could not believe that he did not ache after such a fever and again today! He is feeling tired but ok. The urologist  took some biopsies but is sure there is nothing else wrong other than the cancer crimping the ureter. Another day at the hospital tomorrow. Not sure yet what is causing the infection. Could be the stent that was in there. Again thank you all very much!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

What wonderful news, Lainy.  I would assume that as soon as they nip the infection Teddy will be on the golf course again.  Hoping for you to get some much needed rest and for Teddy to have a lower temperature by tomorrow.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So glad to hear Teddy's doing better, Lainy! Now go get some rest!

Thinking of you,
Joyce M

That really is good new Lainy!  Bet he's SO relieved to get that out.  Hope his temp goes down and he's able to come home soon, like tomorrow!  Then on to getting that Cyberknife done!!!

Jean

Lainy,

Great to hear the good news. Take care.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Great lainy and Teddy...... Back home playing golf before you know it. 
Bless Ya Both!
Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)