Re: Cholangiocarcinoma And Chemo Treatment? Is This The Way To Go???

My husband tried everything and nothing worked until we found Sarma at Walgreen's. Also ice packs help.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

When I first went to see my oncologist at MD Anderson, I asked him about Nexavar (sorafenib). He said that some patients have good response with it if they have regular HCC, but he says he has not had good luck with it on his cholangio patients. His preferred regimen for CC is daily tarceva with periodic infusions of gemcitabine and cisplatin. I do not personally know of anyone taking sorafenib for CC.

Violarob in Texas

Hi Donna,

I sent you an email regarding my mom's experience with the nexavar which so far as been positive with no side effects.  She is on week three of the Nexavar.

In regards to itching try to stay away from any products with perfumes or artificial dyes.

Aveeno baths are a good one to use.

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Andy, I live in Leeds. The new oncology unit there is amazing. You can be sure your mum is in good hands. Ray's oncologist was Dr Crellin, in our case he concentrated on keeping Ray as well as he could for as long as he could and that worked for us. Ray also tried Gemcitabine and the only side effect he had was tiredness on the second day, in the last months it stopped the cancer from growing and gave us extra time, although he had to miss a few treatments due to low platelets. Fingers crossed for you.

Jan, the doctors might not seem in a hurry but I am sure they are waiting to see how Charlie gets on. If he is well and plays golf every day they may not want to compromise his current good health. It is a difficult decision for anyone to take, and everyone feels differently, but you should continue to sound out everyone here when you are confused about what to do, there is a wealth of knowledge and support you and you can be sure everyone is going through or has gone through what you are currently enduring.

Love Sue