Re: Butch passed away on October 9th, at peace and at home

Hi Sue,

I'm glad you had a better day today. It was cold & sunny here also. I guess I have to agree that getting up early is better than the long dark lonely nights. I tend to do the same as you. Getting things done & organized in the early hours. I also have an indoor hot tub spa, so some days I do "luxuriate" & read for a while. There too tho' there is sadness as it is a 2 person spa that we sometimes enjoyed together.  I too check this site & my emails, then sometimes look at some of the news on line however most of that is also depressing! My sister gave me a journal & I have yet to be able to write in it, however, it has been 8 weeks since Jim passed away & Sunday it will be 2 months, so I think it is time to start.  I think it will be helpful. I like the idea of group hugs, so will send them along too!

Every one keep taking care of yourselves. I know our husbands would want us to do that & to be strong. This site & all of you help to make that possible for all of us.

Love,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

52 (edited by jclegg Sun, 09 Nov 2008 07:39:36)

Hi Darla (and Sue, and Pauline),
   I just read your post and read that today will be two months since Jim passed away. Today will be one month for Butch. I am going to church in a few minutes, and I will say a prayer for all of us- everyone on this board, and Pauline, Sue, you and I.
   It is another unseasonably warm day in upstate New York (has gone up to the high 60's lately). The sun is in and out . I am so thankful for that! One of my tasks today is to get the snow blower out and learn how to use it! My son-in-law is coming up to do a final raking, and my Brother is stopping in on his way back to his home in Ithaca. So - along with church and the grocery store (my replacement for going out to breakfast after church!), I hope to keep myself pretty busy. Next weekend my Grandchildren are staying with me.  Last night my neighbor invited me over for beef stew, and Tuesday my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are taking me out to dinner - Tuesday is my wedding anniversary and they remembered, God love them. Since it was not my first wedding, and Butch didn't want a fuss, we flew to Las Vegas and got married there on Veteran's Day in 1995 - he was a 53 year old batchelor at the time, and it took some training to get him used to marriage! He became very good at it, though, and we shared a wonderful life.
   Hope all three of you have plans for today, and I will be thinking of you.  Sue - it was so good to hear from you (on the other posting, I mean!) I have become so attached to all of you, and interested in your progress. Many good thoughts all of your ways.

Love - Joyce

Hi Joyce,
Just made such a disjointed posting on the other thread! But I think it did me good. I came here tonight very weepy, but feel more positive after reading all your caring remarks. It was Ray and my second marriage, but I feel he has given me the gift of his family - I am an only child but now I have sisters, brothers, step children and step grandchildren (but to them I am just Grandma Sue, as I was married to their grandad long before they were born). And if anything his death has brought us closer together.
We must be glad we are loved for ourselves by our neighbours and family - they wouldnt ask us if they were not fond of us for ourselves (not just as a couple).
My thought are alway with us "Four Muscateers"
Lots of love Sue
x

Joyce,

I hope you had a good day. It sounds like you are trying to keep busy & that is a good thing.  Enjoy Tuesday. Celebrate by remembering the good life that the two of you had. I know that Butch will be there in spirit & in your heart & memories. You are lucky to have such nice weather. It was warm here a week ago (70's) & now it is cold & there are snow flakes in the air!!!!! I am not ready for that yet.

Sue, You are lucky to have that family. What would we do with friends, family & each other. Yes, we are like the 4 muskateers!  My thoughts are always with all of you also.

Love,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.