1 (edited by JeffG Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:45:16)

Topic: Break from Lowes!

Hi Carol!   Yes my wife agrees with you, time to take a break from the Lowes projects. Ha!  Thanks for the hint. She picked up on it and said see I told you you were over-doing it!  Ha! I finished the laundry room folding table this morning.  Valerie let me finish it,cause all I was doing is iorning on the melamine edging. Just the finishing touch I guess you could say.  I've got to think up some little less manual labor projects though or I'll go nuts! Can  Anyone think of any little at home projects that requires no lifting or bending and twisting upside down?  Ha! Ha! 

Have a lovely Day!
Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: Break from Lowes!

Well, its Fall Cleaning time and you could slowly do some closets! If Valerie says
no, you can come do mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good to see you on line!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jeff

Good to see you back and in good spirits.  So you're looking for projects.  Well, how about spending time on investment planning.  In these days of the Credit Crunch there is a lot of money to be earned with some study, investigation and the correct strategy.  To help you on your way here is a new stategy I read about in the States.

"If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for their recycling refund, you would have $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily and recycle. This is called a 401-Keg plan.".  LOL!

On a more serious note have you ever tried your hand at painting (artistic not decorating)?  I can't draw a breath but everything indicates that it is a relaxing and fulfilling hobby.  Or, how about pottery?  Throw some clay on a wheel and make a pot for your houseplants.  Knitting?  Make  yourself and all your friends and family most welcome bobbly hats, scarves and mitts.  Just in time for Christmas.  Another great hobby at this time of the year (for the tight fisted) is making jewelry.  Honest, not suggesting you are  tight fisted, honest.  What about wood carving?  I'm sure all American males can see themselves whittling a piece of wood while sitting on a swing on the porch.

Well there's plenty for you to get your teeth into.

All the best

Ron

4 (edited by JeffG Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:54:09)

Ha! Ha! Ha!  Love your Investment plan!  That's a good one. You would'nt even need and agent to help ya ,just count the cans Ha!   I could handle wood carving and possibally ceramics.  Made a beer mug once , but it was so ugly in color, it  disappeared Ha!  Lainy, I don't do closets, If something falls out of one, I'd stick it in another.  Not really, my wife is an impulsive neat freak, drives me crazy sometimes., but I love her dearly!

Later,
Jeff

Jeff, I just feel so good reading your reports again! When T was recouping from the Whipple I got him a "table top" canvass so he could sit and oil paint as he has always wanted to try his hand at painting. Then again you could write some more poetry!!!  I started to write my life story in poem form! I am up to 26 poems and would like to end up with about 100. If nothing else it will be here for my kids. So, you could write your life out in poems! Also, I submitted, finally, our picture for the Faces of CC. In the picture with us is my daughter. It was taken a year ago. Rick has to check it out first, I think. But I will be watching for it. I am just thrilled to hear your chipper self!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ron.....just as you had mentioned...once you see numbers.....This is really funny and I think that the beer industry owes you a cut of the profit.

Jeff:  When I received the pictures of the kitchen remodel I had mentioned about moving in.  The laundry room did it.  I am packing my bags.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Marion , well I guess no more handy dandy man stuff around the house.  MRI came back today and my ansewr to all the pain has been discovered. Abnormal soft tissue mass has protruded into the T-12 pedicle. Decreased signals in T-1 and T-2  vertbral body bone marrow T-9 and T-10.  compression fracture deformity of T-10 vertabral body. We are just talking about the thoracic spine.  Still have a few ribs getting getting pitted out. Also fluid back but only moderate this time.  So, If you move in you'll have to do the rough work and i'll make a good supervisor ha!.  Off for another evaluation with Surgeon.  Maybe they'll use some super glue on my fracture or bone cement, I think they call it.  Rollercoaster riding again hey?
Cheerio ,
Jeff

Hi Jeff!  How about we all move in?  T can do a village and calamari and I will do the rest of the cooking. Then we will bring out the Karaoke and have a blast!!!
I also think the doctors should mend you with crazy glue so you can laugh while mending! Stay strong, Mister Jeff, we all love you and are thinking about you and praying for you! And please tell Valerie that goes double for her!

I'm afraid to go to Lowe's.  I spend too much money there. 

Jeff, you are my hero.

Lainy ......You have a plan!  I can still help with the cooking. Crazy glue hey?  I left myself open for that one Ha! Lisa I don't spend any money at lowes, It was the wife's project so she payed Ha! just kidding your right and it has got more expensive, just like the darn grocery stores! Enjoy dinner tonight!
Jeff

11 (edited by marions Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:44:41)

Jeff....fine with me.  You can be my supervisor any day.  With Teddy building the village and cooking Calamary while Lainy is singing Karaoke we can send Lisa to Lowes to pick up supplies (on a budged, of course) I can then finish up the rest of the house.  Ron, would you please calculate the losses and gains in order to keep our budget in check.  I am packing my bags including the super glue.  See you soon.  Hugs and love coming your way.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

OK.  Transport to Jeff's place will, of course, cost nothing.  Everyone just dons a  pair of ruby slippers, click your heels and repeat "There is no place like home".  Et voila. you will wake up in Kansas.

'Fraid I don't know much about Lowes' prices as I always went to Home Depot.  Was that a mistake?  But because of all the twisters in Kansas (no, I don't mean Jeff, just the windy ones) (although if you are anything like me, Jeff, then that could still apply to you - LOL), I would suggest sticking with tents.  That way, if they are blown away they can easily be replaced.  Is there an Army Surplus store nearby?

Buying food supplies will obviously be a cost  so practice hard with the karaoke so that you can do some busking or win bar competitions.  There is also "grow your own" so be on the look out for some magic beans or magic mushrooms to go with the crazy glue.

Hope this is of some help.

Ron

Except Ron has to teach us all how to do scottish step dancing while playing the bagpipes, while we learn to sing Scotland's National Anthem on the karoke! LOL,LOL   What a night !
Jeff

Do we have to wear Kilts, also?  The checkered materials are back in style.

LOL LOL LOL,  as long as I don't have to shave my legs. LOL

This is all so perfect as in Kansas we will find the Yellow Brick road which will lead us to Jeff's house where we find Jeff the Lion for his courage, Jeff the Tin Man as he has a big heart and Jeff the brainy Scarecrow as he is obviously someone we all look up to for his intelligence! It will truly be some party!

Oh Jeff, Jeff!  Did you never watch Braveheart?  Do you really think that these kilted Highlanders who showed their bare posteriors to the English army would have shaved their legs first?

Good though he is, I don't think it is fair for Jeff to have to fill 3 roles at once.  Certainly it has to be a major character but I think we can forget about it being Dorothy.  I think the choice is really between the Wicked Witch of the West OR The Great and Wonderful Oz.  I'll leave the choice to the ladies of his fan club.

I would be no good at teaching you Scottish Country dancing.  Mrs S and I used to trip the light fantastic in the ballroom.  I was a dab hand at the Cha Cha, Jive and Waltz.  But that was a lifetime ago!

Ron