Topic: Phase II Trial Recruiting for Bile Duct/Gall Bladder/Cholangiocarcinom

I am new to this forum but I thought it was important to get the word out.  I have been battling with Stage IV Cholangiocarcinoma for almost one year.  There is a trial actively recruiting patients for treatment.  The identifier number is NCT00478140.  The trial is taking place at MD Anderson in Houston.  I have been fortunate enough to fit the parameters and have started the trial.   The title of the study is Phase II Study of Trastuzumab (Herceptin

2 (edited by marions Sat, 15 Nov 2008 01:30:56)

Re: Phase II Trial Recruiting for Bile Duct/Gall Bladder/Cholangiocarcinom

Hello Paul.  Welcome and I would like to thank you for posting such important news.  It had been mentioned before that the CC cell resembles that of breast cancer.  Which other parameters did you have to fit in?  Do you know what the other protocol consists of?  How are you tolerating this treatment?  But, most of all I am happy for you to have joined us.  This is a great, helpful, and caring bunch and I am sure for many questions coming your way. 
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Phase II Trial Recruiting for Bile Duct/Gall Bladder/Cholangiocarcinom

Here is the link to the trial:

http://clinicaltrial.gov/ct2/show/NCT00 … mp;rank=25

Librarian Patty