Topic: donations

Perhaps we could have a not only a donations page, but also something along the lines of "In Memory/ In Honor Of" where people could donate in the name of loved ones who are or were battling cc. The family could then get a notice of the donation.

Yes, it is tacky to talk of such things, but goodness knows other nonprofits do such things. My friend asked for cancer donations instead of gifts at her wedding and it was a big hit. Plus I have been to several funerals where donations were requested instead of flowers. I think it would be nice to make this easier to do.

I hope I didnt offend anyone by this suggestions. I am just trying to be practical.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: donations

Kris,

Already done.  smile

We have an "In honor of . . ." line in our donation form.  As a matter of fact, I believe that 70-80% of our donations (at least lately) have all been in memory of someone.  (and I believe the family is then notified of the gift.)

Stacie can, of course, answer this question better than I can.  She's directly involved with incoming donations.

How funny. I cant find it. But obviously good minds think alike! smile

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Devoncat,

We always try to acknowledge the family.  There is a place on the Paypal donation where it asks who the donation is in honor of and usually people will let us know, then we can thank them personally.

Great suggestions.