Topic: This is a great idea.

This section is a GREAT idea.  I sometimes have a hard time reading many of the important section.  It's a good "get away" part.  Thanks

Re: This is a great idea.

Any funny Thanksgiving stories to share?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

3 (edited by tiapatty Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:55:51)

Can't remember a good Thanksgiving story but I have a good Christmas one. When I was older and not living at home one Christmas my Mom invited all the aunts uncles and cousins over for dessert at her house and we decided to run to church before they came and I was the last one to leave her house and we were late so I just pushed the inside lock in instead of using the key to lock the deadbolt. So we get home from church and my mother is trying to unlock the door and she can't get in, turns out she doesn't have the key to that lock so I suggest we just go in the back, turns out she doesn't have the key to her own back door either! And here come the guests driving up in their cars and it's Chicago and freezing cold, my uncles ended up having to break the door frame to bust the door down!

Did you end up eating the dessert? Thanks Patty, I am hiding some keys somewhere in the yard.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, oh, yes, desserts were eaten, we Chicagoans don't mess with cold, we stamped our feet about for about 5 minutes before deciding that breaking the door down was really the only civilized thing to do.

My mother was also famous for making jello molds she would forget to put out, kind of like a jello amnesia. And growing up something would always break when company was coming for Christmas--the toilet, the oven, nothing too indispensable.

It's going to be hard without her, I have so many memories of decorating the tree and the house and today we decorated her grave instead. Last night my siblings and I picked ornaments from her collection. We also used to do a lot of holiday baking, can you imagine about half a dozen kids "helping" you bake? Oh, what a floury mess! She would lose her patience sometimes with so many kids but not when we did our Christmas baking, it was pure joy and holiday spirit.

Patty

Your Mom was a Saint alone for the help that she accepted while baking for Christmas.  I can just imagine what the kitchen looked like.  What a wonderful family you are and what great memories to cherish.  I love your stories.

Patty - I loved your story - it made me laugh. Your Mom sounds like qutie a lady! You will always have these memories of her in your heart .

Love - joyce