Topic: Totally unrelated to cc but thought I'd just ask

Hello, even though my sister passed away a few months ago, I still come on every so often to check up on all of you and find out what's going on. This question is so way off topic but since this off topic board was added (thanks Marion) I decided to ask since all of you are so helpful and knowledgable. Question: Did anyone here ever have gastric bypass surgery? If yes, I need some big time help with my husband so if you could post or e-mail if that is more comfortable, I'd be so thankful. Best regards to all, Belle

2 (edited by JeffG Sun, 07 Dec 2008 21:55:05)

Re: Totally unrelated to cc but thought I'd just ask

Hi Belle....  The only Thing I can tell you about gastric by-pass...is mu cousin Sucsan had it done with remarkable results.  She was a very short and life threatoning obsese.  It was like 5 years before I saw her after she had  it done.  The doctor's told her she was has risk diabetes, high blood pressure, and wouldn't be around to se her grandchildren if she did not loose weight. When I saw her again I could not believ she was the same person.  She said I just followed the doctors orders and ate off a smaller plate and smaller portions and she also got some professional counseling as well as a lot had to do with with emtions.  She felt she had to gain weight to make her husband feel secure and nit jealous as she was a beautiful boutique young women when she got married.  Three grandchildren no more health problems.  To end it all her oldest daugter ended up having a by pass as will with success.  The key is to follow the doctors orders and don't try stuffing your face aftrward as your stomach won't be able to handle it, Your metabolism adjust slowly where you don't feel the need to just eat and eat.
That's my two cents worth.  Hope all is well with the family Belle.  I'm sure it is a little more to it than what I explained but I know it works first hand and your a lot healthier person for doing it.  You extend your life actually.
God Bless,
Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

3 (edited by marions Sun, 07 Dec 2008 23:30:47)

Belle....so nice to hear from you, again.  Personally, I know of two people who have had bypass surgery and both are doing well.  I will see one of my friends over the Christmas Holidays and will ask her if she would send a note to you.  My love to your family.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Belle,

I don't have any experience with this, I strongly suggest you visit the library, your local wealth of information, they should have some books on the topic or be able to get you some from another library.

Patty

Thanks to all of you for answering. My husband had the surgery done two weeks ago. Truth be told, he looks great, lost already 25 lbs. (in addition to the 75 before the surgery) but he feels rotten. Specifically, he is retaining a lot of air and is very bloated and gassy. It's hard for him to take liquids, let alone puree down. So if anyone can fan out and ask someone who did go thru this if this was an issue...It will be appreciated.
P.S. When I saw that I had 3 responses to this way off topic query I thought-Yes!!! CC friends and family come through again. Best to all of you, Belle