Topic: Dr. Giles

Hello,

I submitted a question to Dr. Giles about 2 weeks ago & have not yet received a reply. Can anyone who has also done so tell me how long it normally takes to receive a reply?

Thanks,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Re: Dr. Giles

Hi, Darla.  Apologies for the delay.  Historically, Dr. Giles has been very fast with his answers.  However, the delay can be attributed to Dr. Giles recently moving offices, and I do not believe he has quite worked his way through the backlog yet.  I think Stacie or Rick may be able to provide more information on this.

Again, apologies for the delay.  We hope to have this portion back in full swing soon.

30-something caregiver

Hi Sara,

I still have not heard anything and wonder if I should just be patient and keep waiting or try asking again.  What do you think?

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi,

I did decide to resubmit my question early this morning and a few hours later my original question and answer was posted. It was helpful to me & hopefully will also be helpful to others here who may be dealing with the same type of feelings that I am. It deals with all of the guilt about things left undone & unsaid.  Questions of what if etc. after a loved one has passed on.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Darla....each and every time I read one of Dr. Giles' responses I realize how valuable his answers are.  We are fortunate to have him.  I am glad that you had the opportunity to reach out to him.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion,

I have to agree. I feel that with Dr. Giles & all of the people on this site, we have our own support counselor & group therapy! In my case it is for grief, but there is so much information & help here. CC is just such a rare & unpredictable cancer that only those of us who have had or are dealing with it can truely help & understand each other. I also feel that by helping others, it is helping me to work through my grief & other issues. I am so happy to be here & only wish I had found this site sooner. Until a week before Jim passed away I had never even heard of Cholangiocarcinoma! I sure have become knowledgable about it now though & am willing to share to the best of my ability.

"One Day At A Time"

Darla.....and everything you do is so very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Cyberhugs coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER