Topic: Magnetic Ribbons to raise awareness

Hi,

I was wondering if the cc foundation is planning on selling magnetic ribbons?  My family would like to raise awareness for this type of cancer (as there is very litte research funding going to this type of cancer) and we would like to raise awareness for this website as it is so helpful and informative for both patients and carers.

Thanks!

Maggie

Re: Magnetic Ribbons to raise awareness

Maggie, I had posted something similar a while back, noting that we don't even have our own color, this is a travesty!  What do you think?  What color or colors should it be?  something classy, as I tell people, since my cancer is so rare I prefer to call it designer or exotic cancer.  regardless, we need to raise awareness of this disease!

3 (edited by Sara Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:13:36)

We do have colors!  (we selected them earlier this year)  I'll let Stacie unveil the colors.  Additionally, the colors and the marketing items for raising awareness will all become more evident once the new website launches.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers - we have much content left to complete before Rick can launch the new site!  (and from what I hear, the new design is fabulous!!!)

30-something caregiver

how exciting!!!  I can't wait!  btw, I am proficient at web stuff (I do it for work and for my son's school) so if you need any help, please let me know!  I just love doing content ;-)

Well, we have never refused an offer of help!  Send me an email at stacie.lindsey@cholangiocarcinoma.org and we'll get you going. 

Thanks a million.

Stacie

stacie wrote:

Well, we have never refused an offer of help!  Send me an email at stacie.lindsey@cholangiocarcinoma.org and we'll get you going. 

Thanks a million.

Stacie

I sent you an email, feel free to use and abuse me.....but what is the color of the ribbon?  the suspense is killing me :=)

Oh sorry, you will see it all come together as the website unrolls.  You have seen the beginning which is the tree and the seal.  We took the colors from what was already known.  Green for liver cancer and brown for bile duct.  So, those are what we've chosen and we'll incorporate all of that into the new website.  We are working hard on the content for the website right now and as soon as all of that is in place we will get all the marketing pieces together and start reaching out to the medical community and begin moving forward on the advocacy front.

Stacie

Maggie,

Yes, the new website will have all of that available.

Stacie

Hi,

Thanks for organizing the magnetic ribbons and potentially some other products to create awareness for this cancer and this fabulous web site.  Are you planning on doing any organized fundraising?  If so, I would definitely like to get involved.

Maggie

Maggie,

There will be all kinds of ways to donate on the new site.  We are working right now on providing on-line help for those who want to organize their own fundraiser.  There will be buttons on the new website so you can donate immediately if you would like and we will be hosting several large fund-raisers.  We will keep you updated on the website and anyone is welcome to assist in those areas.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Stacie

Hello, I was wondering if the colors are out yet for cholangiocarcinoma. My Aunt was just diagnosed and I would like to buy my whole fmaily bracelets. Please let me know. Thank You.

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it"

Yes - The designated colors are green and brown.  We do have bracelets available, if you would like us to ship some your way.  If you email Stacie, she should be able to send some.  stacie@cholangiocarcinoma.org.

30-something caregiver

Great idea!!!