My oncologist didn't say whether or not he accounted for the four week delay. My second scan was three months later, and after radiation and chemo showed amost a 50% reduction in tumor size.
That reduction has been the extent of the tumor shrinkage, and has lasted for about a year now. My oncologist is very pleased that it's stable. It went from 6 cm to a little less than 3 cm.
In March 08 a resection was attempted, but due to involvement of the inferior vena cava, the resection was unsuccessful. I did recover very quickly after surgery and (despite a 16 inch scar) went back to work two weeks post surgery.