Skip to forum content

cholangiocarcinoma.org :: Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation Discussion Board

a resource for patients, friends, caregivers and loved ones.

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Active topics Unanswered topics

La fundación de colangiocarcinoma (CCF) ahora ofrece servicios de traducción en Español.
Por favor publique sus preguntas en Español y unr>ntérprete le va responder.

Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation Discussion Board → Members' Cafe → Funny Christmas Stories

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

• Lainy
  • Lainy
Topic: Funny Christmas Stories

How about a little laughter? Why don't we use this as arstarter and tell some funny Christmas Stories? I will start with arstory about Teddy & me.
We were married 14 years ago Teddy is Catholic, I am Jewish. In Nov. of that year he asked me if I would mind if he got a Christmas Tree. I said no, it has no religious meaning to me and its pretty. We set out to get a tree and ornaments. He then asked me if he should start a village as longras we were at this huge Christmas Store. I said, that would be cute. We come home to our apartmentr>n the sky, downtown Milwaukee. After gettingr>n to the elevator with all our packages there was no room for another person or package. I pushed the button and half way up to our floor, he turns to me and very seriously says, "boy am I glad you are Jewish". I said, "why would you say that?"  He answers, "well, if anything happens to the marriage this time, I get to keep all the Christmas stuff!"

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer isr>ntendedras friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance. 2 Reply by tiapatty (edited by tiapatty Sat, 06 Dec 2008 11:27:48)
Re: Funny Christmas Stories

Ooh, I have a good one. I have 6 siblings so I grew up >n a crowdedrhouse and it was always a challenge for Santa to find a good place to hide the gifts. One year Santa came up with arbrilliantr>dea--hide themr>n the old boatr>n the garage, after all it's winter, who the heck isrgonna lookr>n there. Until the carrbroke down and Dad had to fix it one Saturday >n the cold freezing cold garage and we felt bad for him and decided torgo keep him company for a bit and lo and behold, what isrthat under the tarp >n the boat!

Growing up >n my house, we also got a personal visit from Santa every Christmas Eve, no fireplace so he knocked on the frontrdoor like a regular Nick would. Depending on who he was, he also got either a beer or a stiff highball after passing out the gifts.

Patty

tiapatty's Website

3 Reply by Lainy
  • Lainy
  • Lainy

Nice one Patty.

Any suggestion I offer isr>ntendedras friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance. 4 Reply by Lainy
  • Lainy
  • Lainy

As we get closer to Christmas I just wantrto say lets wish for the biggest gift of all, a treatment breakthrough and anrearlier diagnosis for all our loved ones. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Any suggestion I offer isr>ntendedras friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance. 5 Reply by gale918

I like your story, Lainy.  Wantrsome snow?  My Mom's family isr>n Phoenix.  I try to get there every 2-3 years.  Some are >n Chandler, Scotsdale and my aunt isroff N 32nd Street.  Happy Holidays to you and your family.

6 Reply by Lainy
  • Lainy
  • Lainy

Gale, The next time you come to Phoenix you have to call. We are 5 miles South of Chandler >n Sun Lakes. No to the snow! We moved here from Milwaukee WI 13 years ago and have not regrettedra day of it. It has been pretty rainy and "cool". On another note, we are praying for you to get that Insurance Company
arbrain for Christmas. You know how the Verizon ads always have a ton of people >n the background? Well you have your own cheering section right here!

Any suggestion I offer isr>ntendedras friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance. Posts: 6

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation Discussion Board → Members' Cafe → Funny Christmas Stories

This page is current asrof: Like the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation? Share us on Facebook.

The information expressed is not medical advice. The discussion boards are not >ntendedrto replace the services of a trained health professional or to be a substitute for the medical advice of physicians or other healthcare providers. Read the full disclaimer.