Topic: Funny Christmas Stories

How about a little laughter? Why don't we use this as a starter and tell some funny Christmas Stories? I will start with a story about Teddy & me.
We were married 14 years ago Teddy is Catholic, I am Jewish. In Nov. of that year he asked me if I would mind if he got a Christmas Tree. I said no, it has no religious meaning to me and its pretty. We set out to get a tree and ornaments. He then asked me if he should start a village as long as we were at this huge Christmas Store. I said, that would be cute. We come home to our apartment in the sky, downtown Milwaukee. After getting in to the elevator with all our packages there was no room for another person or package. I pushed the button and half way up to our floor, he turns to me and very seriously says, "boy am I glad you are Jewish". I said, "why would you say that?"  He answers, "well, if anything happens to the marriage this time, I get to keep all the Christmas stuff!"

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

2 (edited by tiapatty Sat, 06 Dec 2008 11:27:48)

Re: Funny Christmas Stories

Ooh, I have a good one. I have 6 siblings so I grew up in a crowded house and it was always a challenge for Santa to find a good place to hide the gifts. One year Santa came up with a brilliant idea--hide them in the old boat in the garage, after all it's winter, who the heck is gonna look in there. Until the car broke down and Dad had to fix it one Saturday in the cold freezing cold garage and we felt bad for him and decided to go keep him company for a bit and lo and behold, what is that under the tarp in the boat!

Growing up in my house, we also got a personal visit from Santa every Christmas Eve, no fireplace so he knocked on the front door like a regular Nick would. Depending on who he was, he also got either a beer or a stiff highball after passing out the gifts.

Patty

Nice one Patty.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

As we get closer to Christmas I just want to say lets wish for the biggest gift of all, a treatment breakthrough and an earlier diagnosis for all our loved ones. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

I like your story, Lainy.  Want some snow?  My Mom's family is in Phoenix.  I try to get there every 2-3 years.  Some are in Chandler, Scotsdale and my aunt is off N 32nd Street.  Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Gale, The next time you come to Phoenix you have to call. We are 5 miles South of Chandler in Sun Lakes. No to the snow! We moved here from Milwaukee WI 13 years ago and have not regretted a day of it. It has been pretty rainy and "cool". On another note, we are praying for you to get that Insurance Company
a brain for Christmas. You know how the Verizon ads always have a ton of people in the background? Well you have your own cheering section right here!