Topic: My new kitty

I just had to post how much I love my new kitty. He was a rescue from a cat colony and is just so happy to have a family now. He is a long hair oatmeal colored furball with blue eyes. He talks and talks and is full of zest.

So now I have two wonderful cats, one for Hans and one for me so there is never an empty lap. I cant imagine a catless existence. They have really kept me company and they do their best to make me laugh.  It is the simple things that now make me happy and who could not be happy with life when you have a cat in the lap?

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: My new kitty

Kris

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,
   I know what you mean about cats - except in my case - it is my Italian greyhound (he is a miniature) named "Flash". He has made my life bearable these past couple of months - showering me with love, sharing my recliner, crying with me, and keeping me warm at night. Now if he would just mind me I would say he was perfect!

Joyce C

Hi Kris,
From one cat-lover to another, I have to agree with you. I'm allergic to cats - my mother and sister, too - and we still had cats growing up! My present little furball just had to have surgery - hyperthyroid and 4 teeth pulled - and I was so distraught! Only 9 years young and my first-born child! Nothing can compare to the comfort he gives me when he curls up under the blankets with me on a cold winter night and purrs his heart out. I'm so happy you've found a talkative little furball - must be part Siamese, they love to yap!
Happy New Year!
Joyce M

Kris, so good to hear from you.  What's the new kitty's name?  I've had cats all my life too.  The one that will be in my heart forever though is Peaches.  I got her from the pound when I was single (about 22), got married, had kids.  She lived 21 years, part Siamese and part ??.  She was my baby.  We still have 3 cats now.  A cat in the lap is definitely a good thing!  Happy New Year!

Carol

My kitty is currently sleeping in my linen closet.  She likes to hide there away from our other cat and two dogs.