Topic: Celebrating the New Year

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone an early Happy New Year.  I love the fireworks on the Cholangio Masthead!

We (my husband, daughter and new son-in-law) will usher in 2009 tonight.  My son and wonderful daughter-in-law are celebrating at Disney World!  We will travel a little farther downeast from New Bern to the sailing village of Oriental.  There we will participate in the annual "Running of the Dragon" followed by the croaker drop at midnight.  (for the record a croaker is a fish that actually makes a croaking sound when caught)  Here is a link to check about the festivities:

http://www.visitoriental.com/oriental/?q=node/8

The dragon "runs" at 8:00 and 11:30.  You bring pots and pans and wooden spoons to beat on them and noisemakers of all kinds.  It's considered good luck to touch the dragon on the nose.

We had a lot to be thankful for in 2008.  My Mom (with CC) and Dad were able to be at my daughter's wedding on December 20th, and that was so important for all of us.  My husband and I are so thankful.  Now both of our children are married to wonderful people that we love.  Our son is halfway through Elon law school and our daughter will finish college (ECU) in December of 2009.  Her new husband will deploy sometime in January back to Iraq.  There is so much to keep us busy but to use a line from my favorite movie...."It's a Wonderful Life"!

Please know that all of you dealing with this awful disease are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day.  I grieve for those of you that have lost loved ones this year and pray you may find some peace in your good memories.  Here's to 2009 that we may find a cure and continue to live each day to the max!

Hugs to all,

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.