Topic: Tootin' Marion's horn!

I imagine this goes without saying, but Marion ROCKS!!  You guys should have seen her navigating her way with all the doctors in San Francisco today.  In case you are unaware, the annual GI Cancers Symposium is going on right now in SanFran, and it brings together oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, and gastroenterologists that specialize in GI cancers.  The meetings are highly technical, but that didn't intimidate our Marion!  She was nothing short of amazing.

Look for updates in the near future on some of the discussions from this conference.  Nothing groundbreaking was presented, but some hopeful information was touched upon.  Worth noting, it looks like the researchers are honing in on some prognostic factors for at least intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.  These doctors are working extremely hard, and if their hard work, dedication, and sheer determination could do it, this cancer would already be wiped off the map.

On a side note, that movie 300 is playing in the background, and it's really...ummm...strange.  smile

30-something caregiver

Re: Tootin' Marion's horn!

I second that emotion!

Patty

patty - I think you will get a kick out of the fact that I posted the above message originally under Marion's profile.  She had logged in on my computer earlier today, and I didn't realize that I was still logged in as Marion when I initially posted the message.  I had a 5 second laugh at how conceited it would appear if I left the message that way, so it was quickly deleted, and I logged back in as myself to post it a second time. 

Why am I explaining this?  Just in case anyone caught that.  There's someone in cyberland that now probably believes Marion speaks of herself in the 3rd person, and toots her own horn!

30-something caregiver

And one more toot to Marion who has the patience of a saint while making sure that everyone gets a heart warming answer to their posts. I would love to meet such a warm hearted kind person who smiles through her messages.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Way to go Marion.  Thank you to everyone who attended the Symposium on behalf of The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation.  Hats off to all you guys and gals!
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

dittoes what everyone said here.  Thank you for your time and effort on our behalf. 

BTW - my daughter made a Facebook site for cholangiocarcinoma.

I have to second and third the tooting of Marion's horn. When my sister was so ill, Marion had the sympathy, the information and encouragement. Thank, Marion, Belle