Topic: Dreams

I haven't posted for awhile but I check on everyone quite frequently. I was just wondering if anyone has been experiencing recurring dreams about their loved ones.  My husband Ken has been gone for 2 years now and I keep having this dream where he is with me and I ask him where he has been for the last 2 years.  I always wake before I get an answer. I can come up with my own ideas on what it means- just wonder if I am not alone.
Terri

Re: Dreams

Terri....it is so nice to hear from you.  Often, when opening the home page, Ken's picture will show up and I think of you and the girls.  It reminds me of the caring and consideration Ken had shown to a young boy with cancer.  You were so kind as to e-mail me when asking about the radiation treatment Ken was receiving at Stanford.  How are the girls doing?
I have dreams also, but none of them are similar to the one you are talking about.  Possibly, someone else does.
Hugs to you and the girls,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Terri,

My husband passed away 4 1/2 months ago. I have only had a few dreams, but I have a hard time remembering the details when I wake up.  They also do not seem quite the same as what you are experiencing except for the part about waking up before they are completed. What little I can recall is that they are everyday things that we would be involve in. Telling him things or asking him questions. More as if he were still here, which is confusing to me when I first wake up. I too wonder about the meaning of dreams and if they differ or change as we move further into the grieving process. This is an interesting subject to explore further. I am hoping others will also post on there experiences. You are not alone. smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Well, girls, I am not an expert but I believe that its as simple as showing us that when our loved ones leave they really are not that far away. I know that my mom dreams that my dad is with her every night. Sylvia Brown wrote a book about dreams and I am sorry I just cannot remember the title, but it gave me some good explanations. Guess I would feel if they did not upset me I would try to enjoy the visits.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks Lainy.

I agree. I like to believe that Jim is never far away. I also have read much of Sylvia Brown. (Can't recall the title of that book either.) I have come to the decision to just relax & enjoy whatever I am given.

Lainy, I think CC has made us all experts in our own way! smile I think we would rather not have had to become experts in this way tho'. Hopefully all of us together can make a difference.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.