Topic: Discussion Board question re: poss. "spam" mail

Just a note of discussion in regards to possible "spam" mail:

I am curious to know if any of the discussion board members on this particular site, have received personal email(s) from individuals claiming to be searching for "honest and caring people to distribute money from inheritances, for God's work". . . . .if so, please contact me personally and let me know, or leave a reply below regarding such.

I have received such email in "content" to which my email address was forwarded such information. . . . .the concern I have is that the "content" may have been sent to other members and is potentially an internet hoax.

Thank you.

Have "faith".....

Re: Discussion Board question re: poss. "spam" mail

Nope. I have never received any SPAM from being on this site.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Nope, I haven't either.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Me neither.

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

That's good to hear.....I would hate to think anyone would consider potentially exploiting grieving families in situations like ours!

I have not responded to that email yet and may just do so to see a bit more in detail of what specifically they are asking for, then obviously, I'll re-post with what I found out.

I am always willing to lend a hand to someone in need, but the dollar amount addressed to me was "staggering" (to say the least) and anyone in such a situation of inheritance would have already been through an estate issue, to which a lawyer or family representative could have pointed them to the proper foundations, churches, and institutions instead of reaching out to a single member of this site.

On the other hand; maybe I made some sort of impression to a confused and reserve individual.....as much as I would want to help anyone, outside of my own family situation at the moment, this foundation (as example) is a good place to start in regards to any charitable contribution!

Have "faith".....

Rob

I would urge you to dump the e-mail and not to respond to it.  This sounds like a standard con e-mail where at some point you will be asked for details of your bank account so that the funds can be placed in your account.  Of course there are no funds and your bank account gets cleaned out.  I don't know how common this type of con is in the States but it is certainly very common in the UK, usually originating in the States or Africa.  The normal starting point for the UK con is someone from Nigeria wishing to transfer millions of pounds out of Nigeria and wanting to use your account to facilitate this.

Good luck.

Ron

Rob,
I second Ron's response.  Dump the email.  Sounds too fishy to me.
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!