Topic: Prevacid vs Prilosec

Can anyone explain the difference between the 2 P's? Teddy takes a Prevacid once a day in the morning but am beginning to wonder if he would be better off with a Prilosec before each meal. Thank you..thank you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Prevacid vs Prilosec

Hi Lainy....hopefully someone has a better answer to your question but,  we had been told to try either in order to find the one working best for my husband. 
See you soon,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Great idea. I had thought of that but you know how you hate to change the itinerary. I am just not sure the Prevacid is working that well. We are excited about seeing you as well. I will be writing you closer to the date to ask some dumb questions. Like what to wear. smile:):)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

4 (edited by JeffG Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:29:52)

Hi Lainy....  I take prilosec 20mg twice a day 30 minutes before morning and evening meal.  Keeps things calm for me day and night.  The difference I don't know other than maybe time release difference.  Just found out that they are interchangeable and are considered proton Pump inhibitor ant- acids to do a better job than your over the counter stuff like tums.
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Hey girl!  I understand that the prevacid heals sores/ulcers in the esophagus area and controls heartburn....prilosec...just reduces the acid and does no healing of anything.

Love,
Heather

Hi Lainy, I'm just cruising the site here, I just feel like I have to visit you guys every so often. All of those acid reducing drugs are similar and different. Whether you take, prevacid, prilosec, zantac or even pepcid ac, they interact differently. YOu have to find the one that works for you and stick with it until it doesn't work any more. This invariably happens as the stomach learns to circumvent whatever the drug is doing. Then, you just go to the next drug and hang on to it for as long as IT lasts and so it goes. Sometimes it last a few years, sometimes a few months. Best wishes and luck, Belle