Topic: Good Morning America!

Good Morning America! Thought I would start the day out on a positive note and be thankful for another day with my loving wife;despite the crucial ups and downs.   Roses are red Violets are blue another day of loving you.  Love and support to you all; good bad or indifferent
God Bless,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: Good Morning America!

Thanks Jeff! Our same thoughts are sent your way. It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and every day is precious! God bless, Mary

The sun is also shining in Phoenix (what else is new?) Any time we see you posting the whole world shines.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Good morning Jeff and all you other wonderful people on this forum.  Yes, we have to feel good to see the sun shining down on us and gather strength from above.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Good Morning Jeff and the same right back at you. The sun is also shining here in Wisconsin. (Although it shines on piles of snow & it is very cold!) I am still greatful for the sun shine & to know it shines on all of us today.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Good morning to you too Jeff, Valerie, Mary, Lainy, Karen, Darla & all the crew! Sending love to you all from a sunny & frosty NY! There's much to be grateful for today, absolutely....

-Tess

7 (edited by celoi Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:03:47)

Good Morning Jeff and Valerie and the CC family!
Yes, it is a beautiful sunny day in Houston~

p.s. Happy Anniversary!!

Charlene Eloi
Daughter of David Cook

Hi Jeff, Valerie and all the wonderful people on this board.

Bright blue sky and sunny, cold and windy, but beautiful in North Carolina!!

Love to all,
Charlie and Carol

Jeff you have many many of us following your posts and Valerie's. Your strength, courage and attitude is an inspiration to us all. You were the inspiration to many of us as we hoped and prayed and cared for our loved ones for so may years. Your kindness and compassion and most of all informative sharing of all your treatments and experiences were used by many of us in our dealings with this disease and talking to the docs. Stay strong as long as you can, your time with Valerie and your family is so precious and know that you have been an angel on earth to many of us in our own journeys.
May you be pain free and have peace and happiness as long as possible. You already have a lot of love and prayers. Thank you and God bless you and your family.

What a great note to read my first day on the discussion board!!  THANKS..judy

Jeff I love the Eagles

Janet

Hi Janet.... I'm so happy to see you posting and sharing.  It just makes my heart feel so good.  Thanks to you all for the endless support.  I am really at peace and comfortable with my life at the moment.  Yes, the Eagles have been a favorite of mine for years.  I can sing along on repeat all day.
God Bless,
Jeff G.

Funny you should mention the Eagles. When I get scanned, you can bring your own cd to listen to during the event. I rotate between Jimmy Buffett and the Eagles.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

what o ther music do people like?I love Cat Stevens myself and pink floyd-middleage tastes maybe
     Janet

I Love all music that I can actually listen to and understand the lyrics and sing -a-long with, that has meaning or reflection of reality.  Who, Sound of Bread, upbeat Shania Twain, and Celine Dion is what I use in the scan room.
Jeff G.   P.S. Raised as a country music lover mostly.

Heh...Jeff, you wouldn't like some of my favorites, then!  I love the Dave Matthews Band, but you cannot understand 1/2 of what he says.  I make up my own words and go with it.  smile

30-something caregiver

Head banger music is what some call it.  Every other word out of the throat sounds like martian talk or some animal sound.  There were some evenings I sounded like that so I have no room to talk Ha!

OK, OK showing my age......LOVE, love the 4 Lads as the lead Tenor is my brother-in-law!!!  Loved the King!  Johnnie Mathis is the BEST! Fast forward a few years and you have the best female voice  ever...Barbra Streisand. For jazz love Al Jarreau and Teddy helped him in the beginning. And what Sicilian crooner is better than Teddy when he sings to me at a local Italian restaurant we frequent.  smile:)

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Where did Dean Martin go?  Hee! Hee! I keep seeing cigarette smoke and whiskey glasses.  Did he sing at all or was he just an actor?

I'm not sure about Dean Martin singing.  I do like the Eagles, but what about Bon Jovi?

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Jeff, Teddy always loved Dean Martin but I didn't. Do you know he was NOT a drinker? His huge cuff links were really curb feelers for when he would fall down like a drunk.

My son needs guitar music to play for an assessment.What do you think?
                                      Janet

Janet

I think it depends on the style he plays and how good he is.  I always think there is nothing better than the Beatles music.  It is so varied, everyone knows it and you can pick easy or complex tunes.  "Blackbird" is a favourite for finger style, or "Michelle".  "Sgt Pepper" or "Helter Skelter" are good if you want something a bit more raunchy.

My own taste?  Some good ole Rock'n'Roll from Jerry Lee, be it a little country or a little wild, and I'm a happy bunny.  Nearer to home, Status Quo have been there for me for 40 years and still going strong.  Plain, simple 12 bar, being driven along by a real tight band.

Anyone else of the 60's era, if you like listening to real good renditions of Beatles stuff, try to get a hold of the DVD (or CD) "A Concert for George".  It is brilliant and features real musicians such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynn, Billy Preston, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney and Ringo.  To see George's son playing on stage with Paul and Ringo is like being transported back in time.

Rock on

Ron

Ron....yee, I belong into the 60th era and love to be transported back in time.  Will start immediately, good way to start the day.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

sorry i go a little further back to what we as young kids and the dj's use to call street corner harmony...back in 50's you could not go anywhere without running into someone trying harmonize......the moonglows, flamingos, harptones all sang about love and romance and heartache of it all...a couple of containers of beer and a hallway and we would try (notice i said try) to sing our hearts out...lol...im laughing my head off just remembering those times, good times...well any way i like all music because collecting was my hobby for my years(a long as i can understand it) but the 50's is my favorite...r&b and jazz nina simone...blues.dinah washington...i could go on and on but i will just say ...yes, yes it was a good way to start this day thank you.....ron