Topic: Silly Thought

Today while I was in the waiting room to have a CAT scan done, this man came in with his wife and sat behind my mother and I. The hospital has big windows that I always appreciated, the area it's in is picturesque and even moreso since it had just snowed. Everyone was looking out those windows, sipping awful raspberry flavored contrast. Blech.

It was quiet for a while until the man spoke up and said, "Look at all those trees, they're straight because they reach up for the sun." And then he chuckled. "What a funny thing to say," I thought, until I had a closer look at the trees. All of them were indeed straight up, and had their branches growing towards the sky too, almost like hands reaching for the heavens.

It seems sort of silly to say, but I think we should all be like those trees and always reach straight up for the sky, for the sun, for the hope that's surely up there! Keep your chin up, everybody! smile

- Katie smile

Once you choose hope, anything's possible!

Re: Silly Thought

Derkuchen,

Welcome to the site, I think we all needed a dose of you! You're awe inspiring!

Patty

Katie,
I was up most of the night last night doing my "I hate cancer insomnia thing" "why, why and double why?" and I read your first post and I thought what a welcome addition to this allready amazing site.(Im not happy at all that you had to come to this site, that always saddens me)  You are so, so young, but you have such great attitude!  I thought about you today, and I even talked about you, and you give us all hope that early detection and great skilled surgeons and proper treatment can kick this cancers butt.
However, "Attitude" will take all of us even farther.   You are going to find you are in great company with "Attitude" on this messageboard.
Peace and Prayer
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Thanks for starting the morning with positive energy Derkuchen!  It's been a 6 tissue box week on this end Barb, and we too are no strangers to the  "I hate cancer insomnia thing".... if you have any secrets to warding off the terrible mantras that consume the mind during those sleepless hours- please share!

Wishes for a good day.
-Tess

I dont know if there is a solution to "cancer insomnia", Id have to cut off the blood supply to my heart.  Although my dads Marinol(marijuana) pills are looking kind of tempting. Ha!  Just kidding.  A glass of red wine helps me at night, sometimes two.  I figuire I am drinking that for my dad, who loved his red wine more than anything.  Tess, I get the "6 boxes of tissues* thing- my song verse for the season is "I wear my sunglasses at night".  I am sure you can guess why I am always wearing my sunglasses.  Today I am getting instruction on the oxegen machine. No words.....
Peace and Prayer

The  Lord is my shephard

Good Morning derkuchen! I understand your "name" means cake. Well I am labeling that cake an "ANGEL"  food cake.

Barb ...  keeping up with you and thinking  of you daily and sending prayers your way.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Aww gee Patty, you think so? Thank you! =] I hope I can bring more positive energy in the future too, Tess. Everybody can use a pick-me-up sometimes! Even though I have no e-chocolate. And Barbara, I like to think part of the early detection was me whining to my mother double time, lol. I just hope that my case can shed some light on this stupid thing and it can help people in the future. No one should have to deal with all of this.

Angel food cake! That's so cute, haha, thank you! I should make some of that.

My mom always tells me attitude is everything too (even though she's the one down in the dumps more). And my grandma always tells me that God never gives us more than we can handle, so I like to think that's true too.

- Katie smile

Once you choose hope, anything's possible!

Katie,

You are a ray of sunshine.  I agree that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but I'm convinced he has a much higher standard of what I'm capable of than I do!!!!!

Stay strong and positive and keep the faith.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to you and yours!
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Katie, I never met an angel food cake I didnt like! yes, I think we all agree, CC is a really stupid cancer!(I can think of some other choice words to describe it as well)
Lainy, thanks for all your kind words, you give me great comfort always. Pam, I totally agree, I think God is confusing me with some other Barbara. 
Hey, the sun is shining and it feels like 50 in Chicago today, and  right now I am looking at some trees that look like they are reaching up to the sky as well.

The  Lord is my shephard

So young, so wise.

Katie,

Thank you for opening up my eyes!  I've been a dreary person lately sorry to say.  But...you precious child...have inspired me!  Pam...love the quote...smart boy you have there!  I've been thinking wayyyyyyyyyyy too much about the future which has kept me the dreary person I've been, until now!  Hang on world!

Karen

smile