1 (edited by Cherbourg Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:21:18)

Topic: Interesting quote

Hi all,

I saw this a few months ago on a traveling cancer art show that was at the practice office where my personal physician works.  Unfortunately it wasn't signed so I can't credit anyone.

I thought it was interesting and copied it into my palm pilot.  I was going through some memos today and came across it and decided to share:

"The way you encounter life is the way you encounter cancer.  The illness will not change your personality nor will you become another person, but you are offered the chance of putting a different order into the priorities of your life."

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the part about your personality not changing, but I do tend to agree with the rest.

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Re: Interesting quote

Hi Pam,
I also think that once a loved one is diagnosed and we see them struggle and suffer emotionally and physically we as caregivers change too.  You see firsthand how fragile and precious life is.  Life is too short to not enjoy every moment possible living it to the fullest.  I love the saying " attitude is everything."  Although, I am not so sure how mine would be if I was diagnosed with a terminal cancer. 
Love,   Hollie

My husband personified that quote-he remained his wonderful thoughtful generous self all through.He wanted to cook for everyone and give them his home grown tomatoes.He remained interested in world news until the last few days.He was concerned for everyone.He wrote poetry.I think it is me that the cancer so utterly changed
                              Janet

I agree with you all - my hysband remained true to himself until the end. If someone would say "it's not fair that you have this - he would reply "not - fair? Take a trip down to St. Jude's Childen's hospital , and take a look at those kids - THAT'S not fair!". This experience has changed me forever , however. It has made me aware of exactly how short and fragile life really is, and has made me want to "spend" my time here on this earth wisely.

Pam - great quote - it makes us think.
Joyce

Joyce