Topic: We Have joined the CLUB of Insurance Denial

Good Morning America and points beyond!  Teddy has now joined the "denial" club. He had a PET Scan in November otherwise the Cyber Knife that followed in December would not have been done. The radiologist now wants a follow up PET Scam to see if the Mass is gone. Yesterday, CIGNA denied it since it was not a Scan for a suspected new mass. Are they not brilliant. Knowing this doctor, he is going to try a second time but it's just frustrating since we all have enough to deal with without fighting Insurance Companies. On the other hand maybe they have heard of our "Miracle Man" and just feel he doesn't need it???
Just a little denial humor there.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: We Have joined the CLUB of Insurance Denial

sorry to hear that Lainy....CIGNA is great for refusing, they refused my wife but we fought along with the doctor and won,its  wonderful to have and pay for insurance so that they can refuse our medical needs... i would like to switch with them for one day, just one day so that they know how it feels...i quess its not enough just trying to fight this monster, they have to make it even harder...this really pisses me off...good luck to you and your hubby...never give up and never take NO for an answer....ron

I hate insurance companies!!!!! Keep trying & I hope you & Teddy win!

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy....I had a similar discussion with a physician at Stanford.   His thought was to conduct a cyberknife study on liver patients.  We were discussing the reimbursement cost for the scan following the last treatment.  In his opinion also, the insurance company would deny reimbursement.  I would contact Catherine Bonetti <cbonetti@accuray.com> (from Cyberknife).  She might have some suggestions. It is worth a try.  Good luck.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Wow. Talk about timing!  Thanks! I am still waiting to hear from the doctor.
Last time this happened he was right on it and then it went through. So, we shall see. You know me. If he can't get it through I will move mountains to see if it can get done.  They don't call me tenacious for nothing. In my heart I know Teddy is doing just fine as he looks so good and the LABS are so good. I always feel we have a reprieve after the ONC for 2 months. Then, even if he is doing well we seem to have an anxious 2 weeks before the next ONC visit.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.