Re: Ascities getting out of control

Hi Kid. I cannot express how much I think of you. When you started this horrible journey you didn't know if you could get through it and just look at you now. I have tears for you and your family as I read your notes. You are so special and as much as you are daddy's girl, he is so lucky to have a daughter like you. We hope you are having some warmer weather so you can all enjoy the outside. Yes, today WILL be a good day. Our prayers, thoughts and hugs are going out to you and your family.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I used to work in radiology and we used to do them under ultrasound-we had a doctor very skilled in ultrasound procedures.We had them down to a fine art and none of the palliative patients needed to stay long.With the pleural drainage there is more risk of puncturing the lung but with the peritoneal cavity its probably infection or drop in bp.Actually my husband had a paracentesis done at home and luckily I was able to assist the doctor with it                         Janet

Hello Cheerleaders, confidants, friends,
Thanks for your input, encouragement, and friendship.  You have all made this rough road more doable, by simply being there for me. My heart goes out to everyone on this site, because the only reason anyone is on this site is because they or a loved one is being affectd by CC.  HOwever, it has given me so much comfort to know I am not alone.  I couldn't have done these last months without any of you.  You all keep me going, and I realize if you all can do this, I can too.
xoxo
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Barbara...we are with you, all the way.  And don't ever forget the contributions you are making to this site.  All of us learn from each other.
My heart is with you,
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER