Topic: Jaundice

My bili was up to 9.4 and they put in a temporary liver stent last week.  Im worried that my jaundice is not going to go away.  In order for me to get a new clinical trial I have to have my liver functions back down.  Has anyone had a similar experience with jaundice.

Re: Jaundice

I think jaundice is par for the course with cholangiocarcinoma.  Usually it is the first clue that leads to the discovery of the cancer.

Making the jaundice go away is one of the goals for treatment, and the stents are the main procedure used.

I am learning from personal experience that there is often complications with the stents either not working or getting plugged up and many people have two or three stent placements before they have a successful lowering of the bilirubin.  I'm on my third which involves an external tube and bag, and this one is finally working, my bili went from 15 to 8.6 within 10 days, so don't give up hope but don't be surprised if you need some adjustments done before you succeed.

O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not my will but thine be done.  Matt 26:39

I just noticed you are from Wisconsin....which hospital are you being treated at?  I'm from Viroqua, being treated at the University of Madison.

O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not my will but thine be done.  Matt 26:39

Hi tif-anne...from what we have seen on this board generally, within two weeks your jaundice should subside. (And in many instances much quicker yet) Your upcoming blood test will confirm this with a lower bilibrubin count.  Have you noticed any difference at all after one week?  Also, there are plenty of  discussions in re: to jaundice.  You might want to use the "Search Function".  Simply, type in the word: jaundice and read away.
Sending best wishes your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER