Topic: Stricture and surgery

Hello, all.  After 6 weeks of procedures, brushings, biopsies, etc., the tumor board met last night and reviewed by mom's case.  They are not sure-ugh!-, but believe the cancer is in a stricture (which is stented due to thickening) in an intrehepatic duct. They cannot get a positive pathology report for cancer, but she has many symptoms and her liver tests are way off.   I must say again, they are not sure about the exact location of the tumor, but want to do a liver resection on the part of the liver that contains the stricture.  My mom is going to have a 2nd opinion where I live next week. This is so frustrating and inconclusive.  Has anyone had this type of situation?
Thanks for reading.
Susan

Re: Stricture and surgery

Susan...From what I have experienced and from what I have seen on this board, this is a difficult cancer to diagnose.  This confirms my strong believe in obtaining as many opinions as possible.  I am happy to see that you have already chosen another physician fo a second opinion.  You should be more informed after the upcoming visit.
Good luck,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER