Re: Good Morning America!

The 50's ROCK. If you remember American Bandstand??  I was on the local American Bandstand in Kansas City!!!  With my poodle skirt.  On the other hand..in Milwaukee Teddy was giving Al Jarreau his start at his bar/club.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ron and Ron,
   Thank you both for the memories - I am smack in the middle - love 50's and 60's music, BUT, have a specail place in my heart for 50's music.

Joyce C.

Lainy,

Why does it not surprise me that you were dancing away on American Bandstand?

duke929,

My mom loved Dinah Washington, I bought her the CD and now I listen to it, what a voice!

Patty

Yes he is pretty good-he plays accoustic mainly.I like him playing stairway to heaven-but he has something organized now-he is doing music for his higher school certificate(equivalent A levels I think)
                                                                                  Janet

bandstand aired in my area, so i watched it along with another show called the jocko henderson show...Lainy i can see you rocking away in your poddle skirt, you go girl...i have alot of the 4 lads recordings in my collection... was teddy one of the originals...even in these hard times isnt it nice to have some wonderful memories to look back on.......ron

Janet,

Good luck to your son with his assessment.

My son also plays guitar. Basically learned on his own. No lessons or schooling.  He is also very good & likes to do a lot of original things.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Ron, no, it's Teddys (our) brother-in-law who is the Laddie. He was not original but has been the lead tenor for 25 years now. The only original left is Frank Busserie who started it and he is , mmm, I think almost 80. Not sure. Our Donnie does all the scoring as well, the music I mean. He conducts and is just very talented. Also very nice. I told him once that when I graduated in 1958 their biggest hit ever was our theme song, Moments to Remember and I had such a crush on them. Never thought I would have them to my house let alone be family! He sang for our wedding 15 years ago. For my Sweet 16 luncheon I had a bunch of girls at a small Supper Club in KCMO and saw the Crew Cuts. Remember them??? At any rate the Lads are still pullin them in! Those were the very best years.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

of course, they sang sh-boom...give our best to him and tell him i have many of his recordings, and from time to time i pull them out  and go back....ron

Yes and I was 13 with my first "boy" friend and our song was Earth Angel. Doesn't get any better than that. If you go to The4lads.com you can pull them up and Don is the one on the far right with the white hair.

Hi my son did really well in his assignment so that was great because he misses his dads input a lot                            Janet

Janet,

Congratulations to your son!

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Janet...My youngest also still attends College and I share your happyness about your son's achievement. 
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

It was therapeutic to listen to the Eagles tonight    Janet

Yes.  I have Jeffs "song" on my I Pod, and it is one of the few songs I can even listen to at this fragile state in my life.  What a man, what an inspiration, what a wonderful person to have had the pleasure to learn from, laugh with, follow from his example.  I can only hope my dad has made his way to him allready.
Peace and much Love
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard