Topic: New project for me

Today has been up and down. Went in for bloodwork and my liver enzymes are better, but not quite good enough so no chemo again. The doctor thinks that by Monday it will be go ahead. Will have scans tommorrow to check to see if the tumor has spread to the liver and to check for the blood clot. Ho-hum life with cancer goes on, but I do have some GREAT NEWS....

Hans and I bought a summer house 30 minutes from where we live. The cottage is from the early 1900s, is surrounded by a moss covered stone wall and is in the middle of the forrest. Wild blackberries and blueberries are everywhere. There is a "puddle" (not deep enough to be a pond) which will be perfect for ice skating on in the winter. The place is perfect for us and will give me a wonderful place to plop my butt down in the summer and get some sun and relax. We live in an apartment and I really miss having an outdoor space.  There really isnt much that needs to be done, but alot I want to do to make it "ours". My sister is visiting and we are planning all sorts of sewing projects like curtains, pillows and bedding for the house. I have also decided to make a "chemo bag" to tote all the books, cds, gloves and puzzles I carry back and forth on chemo day. My sister bought some funny fabrics (Strawberry Shortcake and dancing fairies) so it will be cheerful and bring laughter when used. Isnt she great? I cant tell you how nice it is to think of something else besides cancer.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: New project for me

How fun! I can just picture you and your sister having a blast making cute things for the house.

G

Kris
Good luck for tomorrow and next week.

The summer house project sounds great.  We definitely need things to do and you will be able to do this at your own pace.  Your own ice skating pond? How romantic.  Get Hans to pipe some music to it.  Will you have your own cottage garden?  You do get really nice summers in Sweden don't you? 

All the best

Ron

I would love to visit you in your new little cottage!  Is it possible to share pictures of it with us?  It sounds wonderful.

Sounds like a fun time with your sister.  I can just picture the cottage, like what we see in the movies. Good luck on the scans and hope you get good news on Monday.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hey Kris, I'm sorry your bloodwork wasn't quite where it needs to be, hoping for the go ahead on Mon.  I'm so happy for you about the cottage, sounds like just the right medicine.  Have fun with your sister!

Love, Carol

hey kris, good luck for monday, and enjoy your new cottage.

greets moon

Kris,

Good luck on Monday.  The cottage project sounds like a fun thing to keep your mind & body busy and what a lovely place to spend your time.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Kris,

Good luck on Monday. I am sure you are having a great time with your sister. It sounds like you have bought an "enchanted" cottage - it sounds just wonderful. I want to come to Sweden to see it!

Joyce C.