Topic: A little good news for today...

Good morning, all!

Had my latest CT scan last Wednesday.  The results were great

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

2 (edited by Cherbourg Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:03:31)

Re: A little good news for today...

Sue,

Have you thought about having a port inserted?  My Mom got a power port (done under conscious sedation) and it's been a godsend.  All of her bloodwork and chemo is done through it and if you get the power port you can send contrast medium through it as well.  I think this minor procedure saved her endless sticks and pain. 

If you decide to pursue it, make sure you insist on the  POWER PORT.

Something to think about.  I'm thrilled for your good news!!!!!

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

The bottom line is what counts and yours is counting big! What wonderful news
and we are getting to expect nothing less from you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue,
    Thank-you for the good news. We always appreciate hearing it. Best of luck for continued good health!!! Mary

I am so happy my cancer buddy is doing so well. Sue this is such wonderful news and I have the biggest smile on my face right now. Such wonderful blessings.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Sue, I'm so glad to hear your good news.  I sympathize with the IV pokes. I had the same problem, so I got a Power Port.

Sue...outch....  But, wow...what wonderful results.  I share your joy. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

hurray!!!! More great news..how wonderful!  I am also 24 months out with all clean scans.  Thank God..  I can relate to the difficulty drawing blood..seems to get worse every time .  Whats up with that?  I feel bad for you because I am sure that just adds to the stress.  However with those kinds of results it muat be worth it.  So happy for you!  Hope you get to celebrate the fantastic news!!!! deb

Sue,  the news of another clean scan is great!  Your on a roll.
Bless Ya!
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Fantastic news Sue!  Thanks for sharing with us.

Carol

The pokes and the jabs seem just awful, but the excellent results of the scans surely outweigh the discomort!  Yea, I love a good story before bed!

The  Lord is my shephard

Sue

What wonderful news!!!!!  I'm SO very happy to hear your good news and am SO SO very happy for you.  Hopefully they've come up with a good solution for your IV problem...that's all you need to add to the stress!

So, now both you and Debrah are at two years!  I think you both give much reassurance and a great deal of hope to everyone here.

Jean

Sue,  I'm so glad to hear your happy news!  I haven't been on the boards so it's been a relief to see some familiar people having good news.  It gives me hope for my brother and all of you.