Topic: Actually Met another CC Patient & INS INFO

While I was waiting this morning for Teddy's PET Scan a very nice lady came in and as usually happens in a waiting room we started talking. She was diagnosed with CC 2/2007. We marveled that we ran into each other and kept hugging. I gave her my CC bracelet and we exchanged numbers. She only lives about 15 minutes from us. She is an advocate, a fighter! Loved her right off the bat. Becky just came back from DCA as she spoke to the HOUSE on Insurance   
problems and getting turn downs!!!! Here is a web page she gave me to post. The woman from this insurance site is also an advocate when it comes to insurance and she helps you create letters to win approvals from the Insurance Companies. Now, I don't know if a fee is involved or what but you may want to take a gander of the web site. Becky met her at the same meeting she went to in DCA. www.insurancewarrior.com   Who would think we would ever run in to another CC patient.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Actually Met another CC Patient & INS INFO

Hi Lainy!
Hi All!  I am Becky- I posted here about a year ago-then sidetracked.  It was exciting meeting Lainy and Ted- they are wonderful people!  I was diagnosed with CC in Feb/07.  I was given a dismal prognosis, like most, I didn't accept it- call me Cleo- queen of denial.    It is a small world with a very large faith network- and i am glad it is working-

becky
blessed are those that are cracked,
for they let in the light!

Hi Becky and welcome. I already welcomed you in person and it was our pleasure. We will be getting together real soon!!! Hope the lemonade was tasty!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Becky,
You're welcome to come back and visit us more often.  I was dx in 08/07.  It's good to hear from another cancer warrior.

Hi "Cleo",  Oops! I mean Becky,  smile

Welcome to the club. Any friend of Lainy & Teddy's is a friend of ours.  Keep on fighting.  As Lainy always says "Attitude is everything" and you do seem to have that.  Nice to meet you.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Becky...Nice to have you back with us.  Congratulations on your success of forcing this cancer to stay at away.   
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Becky, and welcome back. You once again stand to affirm, in my mind, that miracles reside in AZ water! What a gift that you met up with Lainy & Teddy.

Wishing you continued strong health.

Best,
Tess

Becky,

So glad you ran into Ted and Lainy and have come back into the fold!

Also, a big thank you for speaking up about insurance, just now I was getting a headache trying to help my younger brother fill out the paperwork and make decisions about the insurance coverage at his new job and there really is an awful lot of fine print in there. He is only 25 years old so he said it doesn't really matter if he picks the HMO over the PPO, the HMO is cheaper and that is all that matters to him but I told him he might feel differently when he needs the coverage.

We really need to fix this in this country, it is a national embarrassment at this point that people who are sick need to expend energy they need to get better on fighting insurance companies instead. It should not be about maximizing profits for insurance companies but maximizing outcomes for patients.

I think Lainy's link has a typo, I looked at it and I think she meant to post this one:

http://www.theinsurancewarrior.com/

Patty

Sorry if there is a typo, doesn't surprise me. Someone did reach it though by the typo. Thanks Patty.