Re: Jeff Gerrish

Dear Rachel & Valerie,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what is going on.  I am so sorry for what you are facing.  I can only agree with and add to what has already been said.  Jeff has always been here to help & comfort everyone else.  He has made us laugh & cry. It is our turn to give strength & comfort to all of you. Know that my thoughts & prayers are with all of you at this difficult time in your lives. 

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I will be thinking about and praying for your family.  Jeff has been a huge inspiration to me, and really helped me when my brother was diagnosed.  This website has so much of Jeff in it and I credit it with saving my brother's life (and probably many more!).  Without inspiration and information, we might have accepted the initial diagnosis and directions that the medical community was giving us...instead we gained hope and today is very different and brighter than it could have been.  I hope that knowing he's loved and appreciated by so many brings some peace to Jeff and his family.

Valerie & Rachel,

My heart goes out to you both. 

PLEASE kiss Jeff for me, CELOI, Charlene- Daugher of David Cook.  I really appreciated his Positive remarks to our family.

Tell him he is sooo loved by the cc family and we send our love daily to all of you. We are here for you.

Big hugs and kisses coming your way.

Dear Valerie and Rachel,

My heart goes out to you and your family. Our dear Jeff has been one of the heart centers of our community.  Now, you are part of us as well.

Hugs,

G

Hello,
I really hope Jeff can feel the love!!  People adore him and he has been an amazing cyber friend to my AUnt Sophie and just everyone here.  Tell him  he is loved very much we are all praying for him and the family.  Love,  Hollie

Jeff was the very first person to welcome me on here when I posted in such a panic because my sister was diagnosed with this horrible disease.  He gave me hope because he had survived so long with it.   I am grateful for the hope and encouraging words he gave me.  Stay strong Jeff.  We are praying for you.

Dear Valerie and Rachael,
    I feel so sad sometimes when I come on here and hear of another dear friend's journey ending, but Jeff is truly special. He was one of the first to correspond with me when my husband was first diagnosed 3 years ago. Just the fact that he had fought for so long inspired me and my husband and everyone on this site. He was the most knowledgeable and experienced person here and we miss his posts so much. I wish there was a miracle that could keep him here with you and with us but unfortunately that isn't the way life works. All we can do is pray for comfort for him and you now and be thankful that we had the priviledge of knowing him as a friend. I really do hope that he and both of you feel the love coming your way. Give him a huge hug from all of his cc cyber friends and tell him we love him.
Mary

Dear Valerie, Rachael and Jeff

I dont want to get too sentimental because I am not ready yet (and I doubt Jeff is either!!! He is a ball of hope and fire) I remember Barb getting on here during the last stages of her journey when we were all praising her and sshe wittily replied that she was a tough broad and wasnt planning on going anywhere yet. I hope that is the same for our Jeff.

Please pass on my love and friendship to our wonderful friend and let him know that every night I light a candle for him and his family asking for strength, love and as much time as possible with those who love him...and that includes all us here.

I appreciate so much you coming on here and letting us know how he is doing. We all think about him daily and miss his calm and funny ways, plus his deep insight into this horrible disease.

Valerie and Rachel, I hope that when you feel down and need support that you know that we are here for you. We are all bonded over your wonderful father and husband and any grief or worries or sadness or anger can be expressed here with people who understand and will not judge. People who also love that wonderful man.

Hugs,
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hi I think many of us were wondering how Jeff was going but knowing  deep down how it was.Jeff is a pretty good sort of bloke and I think my husband,Joel would have liked to get to  know him too          love from  Janet

Hi.  I never spoke with Jeff and I just joined this group. Reading through as many posts as I have I see what a nice decent person he is and I just wanted to add that his daughter Rachel seems to be a lot like her dad.  I emailed Jeff with questions, not knowing that he wasn't doing well.  Rachel took the time to email me and to try to help me with my questions, even in the midst of all the things that she is dealing with right now. She took time to try to help a complete stranger when she may be losing her dad at any time.
I guess what I am trying to say is that even though I never had the fortune to talk to Jeff or get to know him, the simple fact of what his daughter did for me in her time of need speaks volumes about her and the man that set that example for her. He is a person that will certainly be leaving this world better than he found it.
I am so glad that I found this site and all the wonderful people on it.  I will be coming here everyday to research and learn, to ask questions, and to just read other people's stories and know that there is a great big community of people out there who are all in this together.
And I will try to follow Jeff and Rachel's example and try to help people when I can, regardless of what is going on in my life... because being there for other people is simply just the right thing to do.

In Loving Memory of my father Jeffrey Gerrish

Memorial service will be at 2pm on Saturday 9 May.
Hillside Funeral Home
935 N. Hillside
Wichita, KS 67214

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Go with God Jeff.  My sincere condolences to the Gerrish tribe.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Be comforted in knowing Jeff is no longer feeling the terrible pains this dreadful cancer causes...now it is the family's turn to feel a different kind of pain - the one of grieving.  Let the Lord wrap his arms around you in comfort.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Dear Rachel & Valerie,

I am so sorry for your loss, but know that Jeff your loving husband and father fought a good fight and is now in a better place no longer suffering the pain of this terrible disease. Know that he meant so much to everyone on this site. He will be greatly missed. We will miss his wit & wisdom and all the compassion and knowledge he shared with all of us here.  He will always be with you in your hearts & memories.  Know that we are all here for you at this sad time and share in your grief.  You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Rachel and VAlerie,

I was very sad to see the news of Jeff's passing..  I visit the site almost daily and always looked for word from Jeff.  He will be missed by many.  He has touched so many that never even personally met him.  You must be very proud to have had him in your life.  He was quite an inspiration and fought an incredible fight against CC.  My sincere condolences to your family. 
RIP Jeff and  God be with you at this difficult time in your life.  Love,   Hollie

To the Gerrish family:

I am so sorry.  He was our Superman.  A wonderful person.  He touched many of us deep in our hearts.

Marjo

I'm so, so sorry.  Jeff was a huge inspiration to me even though I never met him. He was my example to my partner on how this disease can be won over, perhaps one day with the courage of people like Jeff this disease will be defeated.

My best regards

Ralf

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the kind words. They all mean so much to all of us. My daddy passed away Wednesday evening. I don't know what else to say right now. Things are moving quickly to prepare for his service. I will write again soon. Here are the details:

Memorial on Saturday May 9th, at 2pm
Hillside Funeral Home
935 N. Hillside
Wichita, KS
316-682-5575

My mom's address is:
Valerie Gerrish
1714 Christopher Circle
Wichita, KS 67207

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Dear Gerrish family,

I check the CC site and your family blog daily but haven't been able to write since I lost my Mom on April 3, 2009. 

I know Jeff was welcomed warmly into Heaven by my Mom Helen Davis.  My heart goes out to you.  You will never know what an inspiration he was to me and my family.  We have all lost a warm, witty, compassionate and wonderful man.

His impact on so many people will never fully be known.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Pam Rice

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

I am so sad to hear this.  Jeff had written me in a personal email that he felt he wouldn't be far behind Charlie and it was not quite 2 weeks later that he left his loving family.  Jeff will also get a big welcome from Charlie.  They were the same age and I think they helped each other out and I know Jeff helped me many times.  That was his way.  I'm so sorry Valerie, Rachael, Jeff's son and all the grandkids.  You are in my prayers.  Much love to you as you face the journey ahead.

Carol

Jeff will be very missed.  My heart goes out to Jeff's family.

G

I don't even know how to begin to express my sympathy to you, Valerie and Rachael, and the rest of your family.  JeffG gave sage advice to all of us, and I know for myself, his wisdom and experience helped me through the most horrific time of my life~during my dad's diagnosis, his intense yet brief fight and when I had to say goodbye to my dad. 
I feel as though I have lost a 'big brother' and you have my most sincerest sympathy. 

This afternoon, I will be at my church at the time you honor your father at his memorial service and I will light a candle to celebrate his life and his legacy. 

May God's love wrap around you all and may His peace fill your hearts,
Much love and admiration,
Jolene
'daddysgirl'

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

So very very sad to read about Jeff.  He was absolutely unbelievable and even though I wasn't as close to some of you as I was a couple of years ago to some of the others on the site, Jeff was an exception.  His personality drew you to him and his support of everyone was awesome.  He was one of a kind; the foundation has lost one of its stars but it will go on.
My prayers to all of his family.  He will be missed.
Betty Johnson