Topic: Hiccups and Burping
I am trying to find out if anyone has any suggestions for stopping the constant hiccups and burping my Dad is experiencing? Here is a quick history on Dad.
* Diagnosed with CC on August 8th, 2008
* Unsuccessful liver resection at Mayo Clinic - September 2008
* Gemzar chemo for 3 months - December 2008 - February 2009
* Radiation and 5FU treatment - March 2009 - April 2009
* Completed treatment (for now) on April 17th, 2009
* Been very sick - Constant vomitting for the last 3 weeks
*Doctors thinks it is the 5FU working itself out of his system
* For the last week has constant hiccups and burping
* Says he sees to have to gasp for a breath and feels like food
is caught in his esophagus
Can anyone suggest something to stop the hiccups and burping as this is very difficult to deal with all day long.
Thanks and God Bless,